Lufthansa new carry on baggage policy

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

wenkaechia
    Participant

Lufthansa has a new rule for carry on baggage. all economy passengers are only permitted to have one piece of hand luggage regarding whatever status. I think this is unacceptable.

I fly this route almost twice a month. So it will cost me another 2 hours if i am lucky to drop off 1 bag and collect it on the otherside. I understand when it is a full flight. Will definitely switch to BA.

conair346
    Participant

While it is annoying to have a premium FFP perk removed, its not the end of the world. I still prefer travel with LH over BA.

The thing about cabin baggage is that too many non-status passengers see the status passengers and think its OK to have their life in the cabin.
    I’ve seen instances of Chinese students trying to board a full A320 with 4 pieces of cabin baggage each, not sure how they got past security with so much but they were caught at the gate.
    Or when business types who are relegated to Y class feel the need to abandon their luggage in the J overheads, thats another little issue. Though the 757 doesn’t suffer this problem as boarding generally takes place on door two so J is forward and theres no chance to be a douche with leaving luggage at the front. Sadly Airbus didn’t think this through on the 321 with its full size entry door two but blocked with continuous overhead lockers so its not viable to board here.

I’m sure if you need two bags you could either cut one down as its a short trip… or if you travel on longer voyages checking in one is a small consideration.
    If taking everything into the cabin is essential how would you cope on a CR9 or Q400 operated by LH Regional should the need arise?
    Surely if you’re a status passenger you would be able to work some Star Silver/Gold magic and get priority tags for any hold luggage you check in?

antipodes
    Participant

I was waiting to board a Lufthansa flight to Tallinn when I was told that my carry on luggage was too large and would have to be checked in because of assurances that it would be available for pick-up on arrival in Tallinn I was not botherd by this development. However when I arrived in Tallinn I found that my carry-on had not even been placed on the plane.Although the airline informed Tallinn airport staff that the luggage had not been placed on the flight the pilot was not informed and as a result passengers were left waiting for luggage that was never going to turn up until the next day. My short trip wrecked because the case contained my daily medication and I was not given the opportunity to remove it.

I mention this experience because at Frankfurt Airport.Lufthansa announced that because the flight was fully booked, economy class passengers would have their carry-on baggage checked in. For what it is worth I was travelling in business but I don’t see the connection that necessitates luggage being requried to be checked in if the flight is fully booked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls