Lufthansa Lounges during C19

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• EU_Flyer
    Participant

Hello everyone

Hope you’re all well.

I will be transiting through Frankfurt (intra schengen) next week twice and have longish layovers which I’ll spend in a Senator lounge.

Does anyone have any recent experience of the food and beverage offering. I read a review on onemileatatime which showed limited food and drinks only to order. That seems reasonable but any further first hand input would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

1 user thanked author for this post.

biguli76
    Participant

Saturday I was in the Senator Lounge because of upgrading my BIZ ticket to this amazing place, with shower. I am not a fan of Luftahnsa’s chef but there were 3 amazing options of hot food and other cold things not so good. On LH506 Biz’s food a huge disappointment of my expectations for the 3rd times in 6 weeks.
    Anyway Lufthansa need a RESET, and first fire Mr. Spohr and all executive board members. There are plenty of old school chief FA that can make a terrific job. Not idiots You can see on Youtube channel.. They destroyed a reputation: today after months I received my very last refund since Apr 8th, but I don’t know if I will give them 1 more of my €. Lost my trust.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

M

[quote quote=1006362]Saturday I was in the Senator Lounge because of upgrading my BIZ ticket to this amazing place, with shower. I am not a fan of Luftahnsa’s chef but there were 3 amazing options of hot food and other cold things not so good.[/quote]

Many thanks – that’s good to know. So was this flying within Schengen or outside Schengen?

If it’s inside Schengen – then it’s great news re hot food and shower.

biguli76
    Participant

Inside Schengen. I came from Linate to Sao Paulo GRU. But I think all other Lounges are closed. Enjoy Your Trip!

EU_Flyer
    Participant

UPDATE

Passed through the Senator lounge in Frankfurt on weekend. Was generally very good.

+ breakfast – hot items – scrambled eggs and beans /cold items – fruit salad / yoghurt / pretzel / juices
    + coffee and drinks to order
    + lunch – hot items – pasta with mushrooms and also tomato soup / cold items – salad / desserts / fresh fruit
    + open bar
    + showers available
    + no reading material (silly)

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks for that update EUflyer. Did they ahve the Frankfurters and potato salad in the lounge? Those are my two favourites!!

Ricardo
    Participant

We were in MUC and FRA in July and August and in both airports LH offered decent lounges open with a wide variety of food and surprisingly with more service than they used to have as they limited self service and now need staff to serve pax. Well done, Lufthansa!

Simon58
    Participant

Last week, I flew from T2 at LHR and used the LH Lounge (08.00hrs). It was remarkably empty.
    The section for Senator/Gold card members was closed.
    On offer was:
    Fresh fruit salad
    Hot croissant with ham & cheese
    Croissant
    Chocolate Muffin
    Crisps/Biscuits/popcorn
    Tea/Coffee/Sodas/Juice & alcohol

You queued, requested and was given what was asked for

Restrooms – limited to 2 persons in each

Whilst a long way from what used to be available, at least on this trip the lounge was open.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls