Lufthansa: Limited Middle East Business Class Sale Starts 9 Feb

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

continentalclub
    Participant

Slightly odd advance notice that a ‘Valentines’ sale will run from 9-15 February, for flights 20-26 April. The link, from 9 February, will be:

http://bit.ly/eroC8P

Abu Dhabi from 1399 GBP return

Bahrain from 1399 GBP return

Dubai from 1299 GBP return

Seeb from 1399 GBP return

Tel Aviv from 999 GBP return

Booking period: 09 February – 15 February 2011
    Travel Period: 20 April – 26 April 2011

What could be a more romantic present for Valentine’s Day than booking a sightseeing trip and exploring the fascinating cities of Abu Dhabi, Bahrain or Dubai together?

Lufthansa is offering a business class special right now!

Well, not right now, but shortly….

BABenji
    Participant

Ah yes….the romance of spending a long weekend with your loved one, not being able to hold hands, give him or her a peck on the check or even share a bed (assuming the couple in question are not married), without finding yourself in a Dubai jail for 3 months.

Delightful!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks CC, useful info as always, and I’ll take advantage of it, but I’ll travel alone.

I’m with BABenji on this one though. I don’t think I’d take my wife me anymore. Would not want to risk jail + fine because my wife might give me an affectionate peck while holding my hand!

Senator
    Participant

Dear all,

Quick note of 2-for-1 offer in First from German airports available as well:
    How about A380-800 from FRA to JFK for €4000 per person including a half day at the FCT in FRA? Offer available on the German LH home page. The string was too long to copy in here.

continentalclub
    Participant

There you go, Senator:

http://bit.ly/gGEhNU

– short link to First Class companion offer. Good spot!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Lufthansa is now offering this 2 for 1 for its “loyal” Swiss (as in residents, not airline) customers. It’s quite unbelievable.

Amongst others:
    NY in F, for two is CHF 14,639
    Buenos Aires is CHF 20,109

This is roughly twice that offered from Germany when converted to Euros??? On top, with true German efficiency, the email was sent today (Feb 9th), but you had to book by February 4th to take advantage of this “fantastic” offer!!!

I quote the text (cut and pasted)
    “The Lufthansa 2 for 1 First Class Special Valentine’s Special

Experience unique exclusivity for Valentine’s Day. Book until 4 February 2011 and between the 15 March and 21 April 2011 you and your partner can enjoy the comforts of the Lufthansa First Class together – for the price of one ticket.

New York City from CHF 14,639**”

There is also a C offer, for example NY is CHF 3,099 return per person which sounds ok

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just found the web page.

http://www.lufthansa.com/ch/en/Homepage

I still find it incredible the fare offer is twice as much as that from Germany!

Senator
    Participant

LuganoPirate,

Perhaps it is because Swiss residents make twice as much 🙂 I find premium fares from Switzerland somewhat expensive. I am now a resident of Switzerland, running my own business which means I manage my own travel budget. As I maintain quarters in Sweden as well, I tend to start most of my tickets from Sweden rather than Switzerland no matter where I travel to.

I find using back-to-back tickets on BA ARN-LHR, and LX via ZRH back to ARN gives me the optimal value for my money. BA recently dropped the CE fare (none-flex) by 15% on this route, and it equals about £325 return. I can get LHR-ZRH-ARN for £398 return (£50 change fee) and I get two full work days in ZRH (one on each end). A stop-over in ZRH (longer than 24hrs) cost £50 which is not bad.

It works perfectly for me as the Greater London area is my primary business destination and I split my time between ZRH and Stockholm. Two trips to London, two trips to Zurich with an average cost of £200 in business class is not a bad deal.

For First Class travel I can recommend using ARN as starting point. Across BA, LH, and LX most destinations cost between CHF 7.000 – 8.000 in First.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Senator, and you’re probably right about Swiss residents,as everything (except interest rates) seems to be twice the price.

I live in the south of Switzerland (as my name suggests) and close to the Italian border, prices tend to be a bit more attractive due to the competition from Italy. I use a local travel agent that gets some very good fares for me, and I will certainly look at ARN which could work for some trips.

I’m not sure what part of Switzerland you live in, but consider joining the British Swiss Chamber of Commerce (bscc.co.uk). The local BA manager often turns up for some of the dinners and he can offer some very good deals in F & C ex Zurich.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just received an email from Lufthansa Italy. The Valentines offer they are making is, again amongst others, in Business, New York via Frankfurt or Munich for just € 1,599 return. Abu Dhabi is € 1,299 return.

There is no First Class 2 for 1 offer however.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls