Lufthansa from/to Dubai

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

BobJazz
    Participant

I’ve booked the Lufthansa flight going to Paris via Germany for a family vacation this summer – mix feeling about it!

-Punctuality: my initial booking was a flight leaving in the morning to paris via Munich – the option of the morning was important as I was traveling with little kids. 2 days ahead o the flight, I get a call from Lufthansa to inform that the flight got canceled and I have been booked on a earlier (1am) flight to Franfurt – no specific reason was provided as to why the flight was canceled?? needless to say the logistics with 3 little kids was a major challenge to say the least.
    -Inflight entertainment: there was none! stepping onto the aircraft and one gets the feeling that the time machine took us back to the early eighties! old 747, gray color interior and no entertainment system – again a major challenge for the kids as I was hoping cartoons would keep them quiet during the 6 hour flight – alas, no – so had to resort to other means (ipad, etc)
    -Service: you get a pure German service – very punctual and efficient but soulless – you get Yes/No answers from crew without a smile nor a (false) effort to make you feel comfortable – I asked if my seat can possibly be changed after the flight takes off to be seated next to one of my kids, I got one word reply: “No”, then she took off!! I ended up negotiating with the passenger who was kind enough to make the swap! It’s true that traveling with Gulf and Asian carriers quite often much gets one very spoilt on this level!
    -Price: that was the main attraction – for a 6-person family, I had made an initial booking with EK for USD 7600, Lufthansa was for USD 3200, needless to sat I jumped on this – but as the saying goes – you pay peanuts, you get …..

Overall it was an efficient flight, no comfort whatsoever, but a steal price! Would I do it again? chances are slim! I would have expected better from a name like Lufthansa…

Any other similar/different experiences on this route out there?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls