Lufthansa five ways

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• DavidGordon10
    Participant

I have been away from the internet for 24 hours, so I am interested to see the many comments since then.

JohnHarper – I agree about the food, excellent in every class. Now that I know there is goose at Christmas, that might tempt me back into F at the Festive Season.

TominScotland and the tongue in cheek comment – yes, I could have done! – but it is not really a Customer Service Disaster, three weeks is not long. On the insect thread still active at the moment, I am just about to post a note about some really excellent customer service on another airline.

On the original posting, I maybe could have mentioned that one factor slightly diminishing my pleasure on the outbound leg was the stress of a very important hour-long lecture I had to give to a tough USA audience the next day. The flight attendants in F were excellent at helping me to have the conditions to get the work done.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Go for it Rave. The 380 in F with Lufthansa is fabulous. I don’t know if you’re male or female, so following may be irrelevant, but there’s even a urinal in the bathroom. Now I’ve never seen one of those on a plane anywhere!

JohnHarper
    Participant

David, the goose generally appears in the first week of December and continues right up to Christmas Day. I’ve often seen the whole F cabin choose it – and everyone get what they wanted and seconds. It really is worth the experience.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Just to bring this thead up to date, it is now eleven weeks since I submitted my compansation claim to LH, and despite two reminders, there is no news other than standardised “we have a lot to do” replies.

Wish me luck, I will bring the thread up to date every month…..

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

And to bring this posting even more up-to-date, Europe’s (I think the term was) “leading airline” is suffering yet another dose of industrial relations turmoil:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/sep/05/lufthansa-second-pilots-strike-week-profits
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29075249

So that makes it the third such set of cockpit walk-outs so far this year. Interesting to read the Trades Union version of events. Perhaps LH should send for WW to sort things out….!

DavidGordon10
    Participant

This note is to bring up-to-date one element that I mentioned in the original post.

The return flight in LH business from TBS to LHR via MUC was cancelled, and I was re-routed in economy on TK via IST. I made a claim to LH for compensation for the delay and for the downgrade to economy. They denied that the delay was their responsibility so refund.me is pursuing that for me.

LH has telephoned this morning – fifteen weeks after the delayed flight – to say that compensation for the downgrade has been agreed at about $250. This will be paid in about six to eight weeks.

Six to eight weeks! This is a transaction that will take the clerk sitting in front of the computer a couple of minutes to complete. The only possible reason that LH can have for taking so long is that they are using my money to bolster their cash flow – at the expense of my cash flow.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

A brief note on this thread to link it to the EU261 thread on which I have just posted.

http://www.refund.me has rescued the compensation due for the delay, so exactly six months, to the day, after the delayed and downgraded LH flight from TBS to LHR I have the compensation due both for downgrade and for delay.

Six months is far too long, but not my record: another well-known airline once took a year.

Thank you everyone for your comments and advice. Happy Christmas!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls