Lufthansa business class review

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

icenspice
    Participant

Philadelphia to Frankfurt
    Aircraft: A340-600
    Configuration: 2-2-2
    Seat: 10D

Boarding was very relaxed. I settled in and was promptly offered a glass of Champagne de Castelnau Brut Réserve.

My seat was in the first row of the rear Business cabin which was full today. Please note there is a little CC office immediately to your left, but for most of the flight the curtain was closed and it didn’t bother me.

Meal service was erratic. My neighbour, who had ordered a starter and dessert only, had nearly finished by the time I tucked in…seasonal salad (my first choice of chicken spring roll was not available) followed by pumpkin ravioli.

The cabin was in mint condition, the IFE choice superb and the seat very comfortable at full stretch. However, I did miss a BA-style dividing screen!
    Meanwhile I listened to Caetano Veloso and Amr Diab, and read the New York Times.

I didn’t manage to get any sleep, but soon it was time for breakfast: salami, Swiss Emmental and cream cheese with chives, coffee, fresh orange juice and strawberry yogurt.

It was only when we landed that I realised just how tired I was and I think for that reason I found FRA a complete maze and was the last person to board the bus for my connecting flight.

Overall, a good flight….but I can honestly say that my last LH longhaul flight to Addis Ababa in Economy was on a par.

superchris
    Participant

Interesting article Icenspice.

Ultimately though, for all the food, IFE and other gimmicks its all about sleep. And if you failed to sleep on a PHL to Europe overnight then I would suggest the product failed.

icenspice
    Participant

Hello superchris

No matter how good the hard product is, I will always have problems sleeping on aircraft. Maybe I don’t work hard enough to merit sleep !!!

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi Icenspice !

Thanks for your report ;short ,concise ,inspiring and informative !
    I like the new LH Business Class product generally but you turned on a lamp when you said that IFE choice was superb : you are reassuring me for my next LH flight as I have never before found the LH IFE on their longhaul network any good or inspiring …On my last LH flight on FRA/IAD on a 747-8 in Business Class the IFE was indeed poor and uninspiring ..

icenspice
    Participant

Hello KSHaggag

Thanks for your compliment!

http://www.lufthansa-inflightentertainment.de/mediaworld/anwendung/php/mediaworld_categories.php?PHPSESSID=34fe876b6817ffd66e7965e13867a7bd&serviceclass=1&zeitraum=114

I hope you enjoy your next LH longhaul flight.

Have a great weekend.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello Icenspice ,

Thanks a million for the link and your wishes !

Cheers

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello again Icenspice !

Have gone through the extensive list ..(((sounds))) great !…
    I have not flown LH longhaul over the last few months ;let me look forward to it now .Will send you my feedback once flown.
    Cheers,
    Karim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls