Lufthansa B737-300 Business (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

This was the first flight of a three legs journey GVA – FRA – IAD – ORD, an unusual route to be able to enjoy the new B747-8.

First leg: GVA – FRA, LH1213, B737-300, Business class

Check-in: was done online the day before. It is worth noting that non-Gold Star Alliance members cannot book the best seats (like the first row) in advance. So an early check-in makes sense. I could not though check in for the third leg.

Luggage drop: eventless

Security: fast lane access is provided to business class travellers. That said, on a Sunday morning, it was rather quiet.

Lounge: All three big alliances’ lounges at GVA airport are all right. LX business class lounge though forbids passengers to take newspapers on board.

Boarding was eventless. A peculiarity though with LX and LH: no ID check. So a passenger with hand luggage only who checked in online is not verified at any time…

Seats: same seats in economy and in business. The only difference is the middle row left empty in business. So it is a rather narrow one with limited legroom.

On board service:
    Coats: LH does not take care of jackets any more. So even in business it has to be put on the luggage compartment if you are seated on the first row.

Meal: this was a morning 1 hour flight so breakfast was served. No choice but a muesli! There were however a tiny bowl with a small piece of cheese and some ham. Bread was all right. Since I don’t usually drink coffee on board, I went for the orange juice that is on LH usually very good.

Arrival: as too often at FRA, the aircraft was parked away from the terminal, so we had to take a bus for an about 10 minutes ride. Then off for the usual 30 minutes walk at FRA…

Verdict: an classic LH trip, i.e. delivering the minimum possible service compared to the competitors (small seats and minimum meal).

This ends part 1 of this trip report. Second leg follows separately.

StandingThemUp
    Participant

But they do know how to maintain the interiors of their aircraft and I’d sacrifice soft product for a clean hard product, YMMV.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls