Lufthansa A319 Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• icenspice
    Participant

After a super little flight on a CRJ from Luxembourg lasting no more than 30 minutes, I arrived at Frankfurt with just over 2 hours before my onward connection to Casablanca. Note: this route is no longer served by Luxair but by Lufthansa CityLine.

My flight confirmation had included the following warning: ‘Please observe the night flight ban at Frankfurt airport. For late evening flights, please proceed to your departure gate immediately in order to ensure an on-time departure.’

For a long time I had been under the impression that the curfew started at midnight. But no, it is 2300.

Anyway, I had much more important things to do instead of rushing to the gate, such as buying a new charger for my phone and having a glass of wine in the blissfully quiet lounge.

Take-off was at 2235. I was the only passenger in row 1, with only 3 others in the cabin in row 2.

Hors d’oeuvre: Tuna Togarashi and Fresh salad with Herbs (I wondered what that sweet compote was and eventually realised it was my dessert!).

There was a choice of three for the main course and I opted for the Veal steak. Cooked to perfection…and I am not a culinary expert.

I then stretched out across D and E with a pillow and blanket, sipping my Cognac.

Coffee was served just before landing 3 hours later, as requested.

In conclusion: another ‘solid’ LH flight, made even better by a seamless transfer at a quiet time of day and a very personable CC member who asked if I was travelling for pain or pleasure (I replied and she came out with a classic non sequitur about her holiday in Djerba in November staying in a 7* hotel and that it was very cold!).

Top marks to LH.

Would I pay top dollar for a flight in Biz lasting more than 3 hours in what was basically an Economy flight….NO

AMcWhirter
    Participant

icenspice – Thanks for the flight check. It’s good that Lufthansa is advising passengers of the FRA curfew.

There have been a number of cases where flights have been unable to take off owing to technical and other reasons.

We reported in July that FRA had called for a relaxation of the curfew after 25 flights failed to meet the curfew (on a Friday night during that month) because of bad weather. 7,000 passengers were stranded overnight at FRA.

icenspice
    Participant

Thanks, Alex.

Correction: ‘basically an Economy flight’ should read ‘basically an Economy seat’.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Consistent with my experience of LH, the food is generally very good. At the time LH introduced NEK seating they pledged to improve the food offering and so far, several years down the line they’ve kept that promise.

The seats on the A320 NEO are an improvement legroom wise on the standard NEK seat and are no worse than C on any other Western European carrier and better than a few.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

Having moved over the summer to Wurtzburg I am enjoying LH shorthaul service. It’s of high quality and well executed. Of course having lived near EDI and now near FRA I obviously have far more choice of direct services so I may be a bit biased but I’ve always liked LH and I’m more than pleased with the change.

Of the Western European carriers LH NEK is probably the least worst.

Win win for me.

DontTurnRight
    Participant

My last experience through Frankfurt in July involved transferring from a CX flight onto LH. The train between terminals was under repair, security was slow, rude and undermanned and it look close on half an hour for the bus to arrive transferring us between terminals. The LH lounge was horribly crowded and lacked sufficient seating. Once on board the A321, service in business was good, breakfast tasty and well presented, and sparkling wine a welcome recovery from the ground experience.

IMG_1349

icenspice
    Participant

Indeed, DontTurnRight.

The last time I was in transit there was after an overnight from the US. It was like feeding time at the zoo in the lounge. I sat down for 5 mins and made a hasty exit.

I am not very familiar with FRA airside, but it appears there are several lounges.

As an aside, yet again my Miles&More account has only been credited with miles for the LUX-FRA sector, or am I reading my statement wrong?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls