Lufthansa 737 long-haul

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• transtraxman
    Participant

AMcWhirter
    Participant

But note that SAS will be reconfiguring its B737-700s for when it operates CPH-EWR.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/102045/sas-to-fly-b737-to-new-york-newark

KSHaggag
    Participant

Indeed : SAS was operating the Privatair 737-700 from SVG to IAH with 44 seats in Business Class exclusively ,now with the EWR and BOS rotations ,it will be 20C 66Y .

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Here’s the Privatair config for Lufthansa.

http://www.privatair.com/aircraft/bbj2-lufthansa-32c-60y.html

I guess this is how they will fly to NBO. Looks good anyway.

canucklad
    Participant

I wonder if this use of short haul aircraft by LH on its once profitable and popular routes will become the template for other legacy carriers, to combat the threat of the Gulfies

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thanks LP !..This is the configuration I flew on LH from Munich to Cairo four years ago ,I believe .

Canucklad !

That could be a huge opportunity for Privatair but I wonder if they can cater to the overwhelming demand ,should it be the case .
    A few years ago ,AF was flying an A319 ER in a mixed C and Y configuration to serve specific Oil routes in Africa e.g. Pointe Noire among others ;that could be another option should the range allow .
    From a Business Class passenger standpoint ,such smaller birds are a great option ,giving them the feeling of a Private jet ,however in Economy this is not a winning formula by any means given the lower standards of comfort compared to a big ,long haul aircraft .The only positive feature for an Eco pax here might be the lower capacity and hence a swifter planing and deplaning process .

KSHaggag
    Participant

The Gulfies are not bringing along a ” genious ” approach .Simply ,they are investing in the food and beverage service on board and IFE while charging lower fares than their European counterparts till they can build a reputation and an identity on routes from Europe to Australasia .Concurrently ,Europeans were saving on these items ,hence the customer preference .Many other (hidden ) points are not not handled properly by GCC based carriers given the lack of know how and experience e.g, irregularities ,and customer relations ,etc…
    They all claim flying on commercial basis ( i.e. making money on all routes ) ,however it does not harm much to lose on a hefty number of routes till they kill their European counterparts and then start to control the market and restart to make real money .Europeans cannot do this .

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls