Loyalty cards

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

  • Anonymous


    Does anybody know of a UK issued, Euro denominated, Visa or Mastercard? Not Amex as I already have one. Prefer a card with hotel or flyer miles


    Not that i know of, but there are several Euro prepaid cards like the Travelex Visa Electron (www.cashpassportcard.com) or the Caxton FX Mastercard (www.caxtonfxcard.com).


    I suggest the best way is to open a bank account in whichever country you travel most frequently. It is easier to open than in Britain, and they will give you both credit and debit cards. It is certainly much cheaper for a Credit card than HSBC who I believe offer a Euro denominated card.

    Inter European transfers are very cheap and in many instances free (as mandated by the EU but not implemented by British banks).

    Finally, there is no tax dodge here, you just declare any net interest in you annual tax return to HMRC.

    Hope this is of help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller November 2023 cover
Business Traveller November 2023 cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below