Low price challenge

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• LondonGuy
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Whilst I agree with most of what you’re saying – I would never advise people to go directly to the airlines to get the best deals.

As an agent, I am 100% sure that I will be cheaper every single time without doubt.

Most times in Economy, I’ll be only a few £s cheaper – sometimes more depending on the airline and route. Generally, all agents get pretty much the same rates for Economy.

However, it is with the Premium Cabins (Premium Economy, Business and First), I can offer massive savings. More often than not, I’ll be able to save anywhere between £500-£3000!

You can try me out to find out for yourself – even if it is just to ask for a quote – you stand to lose nothing, but you may make quite a saving.

Let me know…

NTarrant
    Participant

Hi

What could you do LGW/LHR – AMS 4th April in Club/Business out about 0900 returning 1700.

LondonGuy
    Participant

Hi NTarrant,

Thanks for checking with me again – unfortunately I cannot get anything siginficantly better than what BA is offering at the moment. It is roughly £345.30 per person if it is flying from LHR (08.30 deptarure from LHR and 16.30 departure from AMS).

If you can do a LGW-AMS and AMS-LHR flight, the price drops below £300 – this is on the later LGW flight (09.20 departure) and the 16.30 back to LHR at £286.20.

Hope this helps.

JohnDuffy
    Participant

Thanks for this but, fortunately, I managed to cajole our company agent into trying harder and they came back with something similar. However, I have a few more longhaul trips planned in the coming months, so if can send your details to <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected], I’ll be in touch.

TopTraveller
    Participant

I recently flew with Ryannair for a short hall flight, and I must admit that the service was excellent. qiuck boarding and as they say NO FRILLS, but whatever I got was outstanding sevice. just wanted to share this experience with all here at the forum

Cameron
    Participant

Ok everyone

As we know competition is healthy and lets the consumer get the best value. I work for a well known ABTA ATOL and IATA bonded agent in the uk and can also offer fantastic prices on all travel requirements.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am still amazed people are using this email address, when it is clear LondonGuy is using duplicate handles to respond to his own postings earlier in this thread, and blatantly using this forum for free advertising.

Logging in as a guest to http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch usually reveals the keenest fares on any route; at least gives you a frame of reference when trying to understand the fare ranges on any given route.

I would also STRONGLY caution posting your personal email on a public forum such as this; not only does this reveal your identity in perpetuity, it also allows “bots” to log your email and target it as spam, or worse. I would recommend deleting your email address (or perhaps the moderator could intervene on the poster’s behalf?).

No one should solicit on here, and certainly no-one should solicit anyone to post their personal email, especially one with their name and company details so clearly evident.

————————————————–

The following has already been posted by me on another thread started by LondonGuy:

————————————————–

LondonGuy, whilst your keenness to help others travel inexpensively is admirable, this smacks of spam and advertising for your own products, and the repetitive bumping of a thread which no-one else has replied to is generally seen as bad online form.

In an earlier thread you even started a dialogue between yourself and someone who purported to have the handle “on_da_sly” – yet it was admitted by yourself that you were one and the same person:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Low-price-challenge

If you have ways to help us all benefit from less expensive Club fares, then please share them on the forum, rather than directing us to your own business, for which an advert in BT or online would be more appropriate.

I appreciate times may be hard, but a more transparent posting approach would surely be more appreciated by BT Forum members.

You can easily double the value of you BA Miles by taking out a BA Amex and spending the required amount to be rewarded with a 2for1 voucher; starting travel in Europe or flying indirectly via a US or European hub to your destination typically reduces cost by around 20%-30% (if you have the time to spare) and of course the BA shareholder discount can get 10% off most exUK BA fares, especially valuable with bargain fare sales in Premium Cabins.

A google email address “On Da Sly” hardly inspires confidence, and though you may indeed be ABTA and ATOL bonded I would certainly have more personal confidence in a booking with a reputable provider such as Trailfinders, especially when some large sums are involved.

Even Trailfinders struggle to beat BA shareholder discounted tickets (though these should technically not be used for corporate travel).

If BT is to have a reputable forum, some sort of policy/moderator intervention on such postings should be clearly set out.

Seems like this is likely to remain at the top of the BT forum for eternity as it has 38 posts, mostly created as responses to himself by the OP or variants thereof. Really not a terribly good way of highlighting the “most popular” posts, as they just get stale after a few months sitting there.

Caveat Emptor.

NTarrant
    Participant

Whilst I understand the point being made, I have to say that London Guy does work for a proper travel company. I have responded to him and received quotes through his agency email. The quotes were lower than BA and other airlines directly.

Given the name of the company he works for I would have no hesitation in booking with him. Top marks for him at least in trying to increase his company’s business, even if perhaps a little unthorodox

Cameron
    Participant

I also work for a large travel agent and so long as a company is ABTA ATOL and IATA. While I agree creating false posts was a little bit of an odd way to go about it I must say its a great idea and will help both me and london guy get business and you guys get lower prices. As for you ways of getting airmiles yes they work but there are other ways to there is also ways to pay a lot less for a fully flexable ticket that only agents will be able to do.

and for the record the company I work for is larger than trailfinders and has been going for well over 25 years

chetan02
    Participant

Hi,

I am regular traveller to London So thaught it would be nice to pass on an information which might help any one travelliing to London.

You could try Hummingbird Cars http://www.hummingbirdcars.com for any London airport Taxi Cab Transfer Service

Highly Recommended

Thank you

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls