Lounge selection in Singapore Changi?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• YellowBelly
    Participant

I am transiting through Singapore Changi airport twice in June/July, outbound I will have two hours when travelling with BA between Heathrow and Sydney whilst the plane is cleaned and refueled and on the return leg again about two hours before catching a BA flight back to London. I am travelling in Club World and am a EC Gold. I am looking for a shower and the usual refreshments.

Looking at the BA web site there appears to be options other than the BA lounge in Terminal 1. Should I stick with the BA lounge or can anyone recommend one of the other options that include the Dnata Skyview Lounge (Cathay Pacific / Finnair) and Qantas Singapore Lounge?

SGJNI1961
    Participant

The BA lounge, while lately re-modelled, does not compare with the Qantas lounge, which has showers to shame BA in T5. Avoid the CX lounge, quite limited and not anywhere near the standard of their HKG lounges.

K1ngston
    Participant

The BA lounge in Changi is new and is one of their better ones in the region… As the previous person states the Qantas lounge is also very good, but I have never had issue in the BA lounge and would recommend it….

AlanOrton1
    Participant

YellowBelly – I’ve used both the Qantas and BA one and you can lounge hop if you wish as they are close to each other.

Qantas is the larger with a modern, almost industrial feel to it.
    BA while smaller has a more comfortable ambience to it (IMHO).
    Both decent lounges though and you should have no issue whiling away a couple of hours.

YellowBelly
    Participant

Many thanks for the advice/assurance. Will probably use BA on the way out then but good to have an option.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls