Lounge rooms @ suvarnabhumi

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

RoadKing
    Participant

Hi
    we are having a stop over of 12 hours at suvarnabhumi on our trip to New Zealand.
    I see that the Royal Silk lounges there has what they call private rooms and slumber rooms.
    Anyone know the difference?

Also, we have contemplated leaving the airport for the time. Though, as we have been to Bangkok a number of times, we have decided to stay in international zone. Do anyone know if they have a cinema there?

MarcusUK
    Participant

Novotel at the airport (shuttle from landside), is 5 mins away. You can book a day rate, or a 24 hrs rate from the time you check in.
    They have a great spa, (comprehensive treatments) outdoor pool, within a garden area in the heart of the hotel quadrant. Also an excellent gym, spa and sauna. You would have yr own room to rest, sleep,, movies, shower bath etc. Several places to eat, excellent quality, and decent prices for a meal, or bar and cafe also.

You could easily relax sit outside and spent your day there in a healthy way. It won an award for its first year of operations as one of the Best Airport Hotels in the World.

I would consider it…unless you are flying Thai Airways and you have access to their Spa area, and excellent lounges. But outside of these, Personally i think the Airport does not offer the same as SIN or KUL in terms of entertainment or interesting things to do.

Going into the city, bare in mind the traffic, and time which will cut your time down considerably, better to stay near the airport Novotel providing just a reliable 5 mins trip away.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

12 hours in Bangkok, even with travel time into the city and back to the airport, which could be cut to a guaranteed transit time using the express train service into the centre of town (as long as you have no bags) and back to airport.

I am sure you know BKK well enough to know where the cinemas are, but 2 good ones are at Terminal 21 and Siam Paragon, although I am sure there are more.

A side bar about BKK; hotel rooms in the city were apparently very scarce for the last 2 nights with regular guests at some hotels being turned away….

RoadKing
    Participant

Thank you for feedback guys.
    Had a look at Novotel and it certainly looked like a great place. Still, as you mention Marcus, we are travelling Royal Silk with Thai and have access to lounges and spa in the airport.
    I had in mind it might turn out nice to be able to get outside a bit, but I figure we will stay airside. Especially when you hint that the Thai Biz services is as good.
    Martyn, I know of the train, but as I said, we are not interested in going downtown Bangkok, just wanted to check if there were a cinema at the airport.

RoadKing
    Participant

None of you are familiar with what the difference between private rooms and slumber rooms as they call it are?
    http://www.thaiairways.com/thai-services/on-the-ground/en/royal-silk-lounge.htm

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

http://www.thaiairways.com/thai-services/on-the-ground/en/royal-silk-lounge.htm

Agree that this is a good comprehensive download on whats available.

Got a late flight last week and headed for the ROCI at around 10-30pm and fairly quite. and the grand piano appears to have gone.

They have also now built a new cocktail bar/s for wines/spirits etc and as usual most acceptable.

Food is basically limited to hot pastries and sandwiches which I am happy with ahead of a possible 15 hour jaunt.

Dont tend to bother with spas or sleepy rooms and prefer to do some work on internet (avec G&T .ice and lime) or chat up the bar staff.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls