Lounge for American Airlines at MAN

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• miningguy
    Participant

Flying out of MAN this week on BA1501 which is an AA operated flight to ORD. Does anyone know if I can use the BA lounge at MAN? (Flying in Biz). I’ve got a ton of work to catch up on so trying to plan whether to head to the airport early in hope of getting in a few hours work in the lounge.

I flew out of POS recently with AA and to my surprise there was no lounge access available on a AA ticket…. so wondering if MAN is the same.

Ian
    Participant

Yes you’ll get access to the BA lounge in T3 with your AA flight.

1 user thanked author for this post.

travelsforfun
    Participant

I can second Ian’s response. In general, I find the Oneworld lounge finder pretty reliable for checking this:
    https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

It will tell you which lounges you can access flying which member airline. Where there is a lounge operated by a member airline (e.g. the British Airways Lounge in Manchester T3), it is (generally) open to all eligible Oneworld passengers.

But access to third party lounges (like the VIP Flyers Club in POS) is negotiated on a per-airline basis – and so you will often find that one airline has arranged access for its passengers and another hasn’t (or has arranged access to a different lounge). To be clear, this is based on whose metal you are flying – regardless of whether the ticket purchased as a codeshare – though it’s no problem if your Emerald/Sapphire status is with a different Oneworld carrier (if you’re gaining access based on status).

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I would also add a plug for loungebuddy (with whom I have no financial affiliation – my only affiliations are as an ardent fan and occasional unpaid contributor).

Download the app, load in your FF status information and lounge access programmes (including CC plans) and your travel details and it will let you know which lounges you can access. It can sync trip plans with TripIt too.

The BA lounge in MAN is pretty decent. Just remember that when travelling in business on any oneworld airline you can access ANY oneworld-airline-operated lounge of the equivalent class even if it isn’t mentioned on your invitation; but bear in mind this applies only to lounges operated by a oneworld airline, it doesn’t extend to third-party contract lounges. Distinguishing between these is one of the things I like about loungebuddy.

Happy travels!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls