Lounge access when travelling on Aer Lingus

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

When flying short haul on Aer Lingus, only economy is available, so the lounge access is sold separately (directly or via a more expensive economy fare). Now as a BA Gold Member, I should be given access to lounges no matter the booking class when flying One World. Now of course Aer Lingus is not part of the alliance although it is an IAG company. So here is the question:
    Do you think access would be given when flying on Aer Lingus metal? What if it is on a BA flight number (code share)?
    Thanks

DiamondDad68
    Participant

I used to regularly fly LHR-SNN on aer lingus and was always granted access to the gold circle lounge at either end.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

BA or EI flight number?

DiamondDad68
    Participant

EI ticket and flight number

icenspice
    Participant

Hello Swissdiver

I have had access to the Gold Circle lounge at LHR T2 in the past using only my BAEC card (not a codeshare flight).

openfly
    Participant

Same problem…..booked LGW-OVD rtn on BA.com, on the BA flight number, operated by Vueling, Gold card and received Avios and Tier Points.
    Refused access to the LGW lounge because Veuling will not allow BA card holders to use the lounge.
    The lovely BA lady on the lounge desk took pity on us and let us in. She admitted that she was embarrassed.
    A shambles.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thank you all.

Extra question: if you use ba.com to book a EI flight, can you choose your seat? I don’t mind paying for the extra, but want to make sure I will be given the opportunity…

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well I have an answer to my extra question: Booking a EI flight on ba.com carries the advantage of providing tier points and probably guarantees the lounge access, but does not give access to seat selection before check-in…

Swissdiver
    Participant

At DUB now. I have some sort of definitive answer here.

On my way in, I was allowed lounge access in GVA. But here, no. I was told that BAEC Gold privileges were granted only on the routes to LHR and LGW, but no others since there is no agreement between BA and EI. When I mentioned this will change, the lady told me “probably not as our lounge would be too small to accommodate the gold card holders…

The future will tell…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls