Lounge Access in BCN, flying Vueling booked via BA.com

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• openfly
    Participant

Easy answer!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thank you for this thread. I would have expected lounge access when on Vueling. I truly love this Spanish management…

Now why on earth, access is not provided at BRS for a BA flight? Another request from loyal customers?

openfly
    Participant

@Swissdiver Add to your list new business lounge at IBZ available to all airlines except BA premiums. Apparently BA won’t pay for the facility. More cutbacks…sorry, as WW says efficiencies!

DavidGordon10
    Participant

I made the point about lounge access for premium passengers on those LCCs that belong to a full service airline a couple of years ago, concerning Lufthansa and Germanwings/Eurowings. I was astonished when LH changed the LHR – TXL flight to one of the LCCs, and then to have no access to the lounge despite my Star Alliance gold card. No doubt the bean-counters saw that as one of the useful savings.

You would expect the major airlines like BA and LH to want to keep the loyalty of their premium passengers.

The result of that bit of LH policy is that I now use BA for Berlin, and not a LH subsidiary: so they have lost all that business. Stuff that, bean-counters.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Same for Level Airline too, so maybe not enough capacity in the lounges ‘though you’d think its a good ancillary income for when you buy your ticket?

openfly
    Participant

Refused access to business class lounge in IBZ today, travelling CE to LCY. The lounge lady said that no BA pax are allowed as BA refuse to pay. I pointed out that IB/One World are permitted but still refused entry.
    Spoke immediately to Gold Exec Club Customer Relations. Highly apologetic with investigation to follow….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Oh well, at least you had the extra space in the form of the free middle seat – oh, wait……..

FWIW, the oneworld lounge guide shows access only for pax travelling on Iberia.

esselle
    Participant

The IBZ lounge is run by AENA, and they only grant access to carriers who are prepared to pay on a per pax basis. BA will see this as a small station with little commercial value they will simply have decided to save money. Poor show really.

openfly
    Participant

@FDOS…nope, no empty middle seat, it was Cityflyer to LCY. Another broken promise!

@esselle
    . That’s true. But, it’s not such a small station. Some days BA operates flights to LCY, LHR, LGW, EDI, MAN, BRS. An interesting point was the Gold Customer service telling me that “Cityflyer flights have different rules on lounge usage”…that is news to me. Maybe it’s actually Cityflyer who don’t want a lounge at LCY!!! The truth will out….!

esselle
    Participant

I meant small station in terms of commercial value. Ibiza is heavily leisure oriented and not big on CIP.

openfly
    Participant

Estelle….ok. ? IBZ maybe heavily leisure oriented, but the fares are very high!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls