Lounge Access in BCN, flying Vueling booked via BA.com

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

• Marc_ACB
    Participant

Hi, I’m hoping to tap the vast knowledge and experience of the forum.

I’m BA Gold, flying on a BA.com booked flight (with a BA flight code and a 125- ticket number) but the flight is operated by Vueling, who are not a OW partner (but owned by IAG, I believe).

On my way LGW – BCN I am on a BA booked and operated flight (it was actually cheaper than EZ), and I would have booked BA coming back, but there is only 2 flights a day from BCN (10:30 and 20:30) the rest are Vueling.

Question is – do I get lounge access?

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Hi Marc,

Fairly certain you won’t get a lounge as a BAEC Gold. I had similar problems last year, and I think previously also. The BA / Iberia lounge is a long walk, only to get rejected.

The Priority Pass lounge, just after security, upstairs to your right I think, is OK.

I am fairly sure that the BA lounge access policy changed to allow access only in BA operated lounges.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I recall a thread where a BAEC Gold travelling with a boarding card showing a BA flight number, being refused lounge access at Gatwick due to the metal being Vueling….

I also recall a post where a lounge dragon allowed a pax to enter the lounge as she was so disgusted with the rules..

My nephew was also refused access in BCN under similar circumstances..

Things may ha e changed though in the last year.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Not a chance I am afraid. Happened with me the other week – am gold, had a booking on a BA flight code but flying Vueling. Used another card in the end, but had pity for the lounge staff who must get this every day. I feel this is a bit woeful of BA/IAG frankly.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Lounge access when travelling on Aer Lingus

it happened to openfly at Gatwick when on Vueling…

openfly
    Participant

I gather that things have changed a little at LGW. I questioned this the other day at the Gatwick lounge and apparently the rule is that only Golds travelling on Veuling flights are permitted to enter the lounge….but without a guest! I also gather that the same is permitted at BCN….but it probably changes every day….

Marc_ACB
    Participant

Thanks for the collective wisdom. I wish BA/IAG would have a more definitive policy on their non-OW subsidiaries.

I will post my experience in a few weeks.

PhilipHart
    Participant

Slightly OT, but does anyone know what BA are doing about lounge access at BRS for BAEC Gold/Silver or Club Europe PAX travelling on the new Saturday service to Palma? Will they use the 3rd party Aspire and/or AspirePlus lounges?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=807750]Slightly OT, but does anyone know what BA are doing about lounge access at BRS for BAEC Gold/Silver or Club Europe PAX travelling on the new Saturday service to Palma? Will they use the 3rd party Aspire and/or AspirePlus lounges?

[/quote]

I doubt that lounge access will be provided.

openfly
    Participant

BA seems to be pulling out of, or avoiding, allowing premiums to use third party lounges. More cost savings?!

openfly
    Participant

……just spoken to BA Exec Club. They confirm that there is no lounge access at BRS for CE/Gold/Silver.

PhilipHart
    Participant

@openfly, many thanks for doing that!

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

I wonder if BA will ‘Listen’ to it’s most loyal customers and come up with a solution for this issue as they did with the reserving seats when booking HBO fares?

openfly
    Participant

@JonathanCohen09

Most likely…”after feedback from our premium passengers it has been decided to stop all third party lounge access. If this is successful, we will then close all the BA lounges”. ?

Marc_ACB
    Participant

So I’m just back from BCN – LGW.

BARCELONA – LONDON GATWICK (M/N)
    BA8144(Operated by: Vueling Airlines)

There was a definite NO to lounge access at BCN, the lovely and friendly lady on the desk had a list off all the BA Gold Cardholders flying Vueling who had complained that day about no entry (I was coming back from the ABS conference, so there were a fair few). I did however get Avios and tier points for the flight and it counted as 1 of my 4 eligible flights to retain gold. So I am well and truly confused.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls