Lost Posters

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Anonymous

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Whilst on another thread, and having linked it to one I started a couple of years ago re W Istanbul, I re-read it and was quite sad to realise the number of formerly regular and prolific posters we have lost in the intervening time period:

TomInScotland

Hess

ContinentalClub

RichHI

Dos/FDoS

Potakas

JimBannerman

To name but a few.

Wherever you are, and whatever the reason for your leaving, this Forum is so much poorer without you!

All the best, Simon

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Simon, add to the list Flying Chinaman, despite a brief hello about 4 weeks ago.

We have spoken and I have spoken with others. BT indicated changes a foot with the Forum, but there is only ‘hot air’ so far on the matter from BT.

Similar comments to yours were made last week on another thread and I contacted some on the above missing list to see if they would consider a “dramatic reappearance”.

The ones I contacted were pleased to hear but stated that they will only return to a secure sight, as BT indicated would happen in NF. I know this Forum is owned by BT and they did ask some months ago for views on NF, which does not appear to be going anywhere.

I agree with your comments, this is a “homely” place and it would be very nice to see posters return.

Also add Jonathan Cohen, although he does appear from time to time.

The only alternative is a much smaller break away Forum (interestingly a domain name has been purchased for this already) but whether this would work in the format discussed is another matter.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I haven’t seen HonestCrew in evidence recently either – a shame, as he was always one of the most interesting posters

PatJordan
    Participant

HonestCrew posted a reply to my recent Aer Lingus review. That said, he’s not in the forum as much as in the past.

I agree with Simon, in that the forum is much poorer for the loss of these former regulars.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

and rfergueson, ChrisBuda82 LadyfromHongKong, Hengli123, KeaneJohn and continentalclub.

Simon, TominScotland is still here hasnt posted for a couple of weeks mind.

RichHI1 & Dos/FDoS, Guys if you are still reading can you please get a message to let us know you are both ok? thanks xx

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BB – was in contact with both 2 days ago. Email me privately…

JordanD
    Participant

Indeed, the forum is a much poorer place without its regulars. I remember the heady days of only 18 months ago, with our trip to the BA Waterside facility.

Martyn – do pass on my best to all those you are still in touch with.

Papillion53
    Participant

It’s all very well lamenting the loss of these stellar posters, and I agree that we miss their contributions, but saying that the forum is a much poorer place without them makes me feel less than stellar myself!

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Papillon

It would be even poorer without you and many of the other regulars!

Simon

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Simon, please stop distracting Papillon. Am waiting for part 4 and the snakes!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Martyn please send the guys my regards! xx inc the kisses! 😉

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Martyn,

So am I!

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hello All,

It is nice to be mentioned and to be missed so i just wanted to let you all know that i am alive and well although not travelling as much as I used to which is good and bad.

Sadly the economic climate meant that i have had to close my company down, albeit in an orderly fashion and return to paid employment.

Fortunately I got myself a great job which those of you i am in contact with privately will hear about shortly as it is not appropriate for me to publish those details here.

i have not been posting much as i have been busy sorting things out but also there have not been any topics on which I wanted to comment or felt I could add value to but I am still keeping an eye and will continue posting from time to time.

I would be delighted tobe involved with any smaller group that is formed if I were to be invited or asked to be involved.

Take care and safe travels.

JC

Papillion53
    Participant

Well I”ve just finished it and I just logged on to post it but keep getting distracted by the busy forum this morning!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls