Lost opportunity for redeeming mileage…any help?

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• dw9725
    Participant

I was in HK during the weekend of protest and surprise surprise… my flight back to Tokyo with HK Express was cancelled.

I had to scramble and somehow able to book Korean Air flight to Tokyo (Haneda) via Incheon.
    Since I had Priority status for SkyTeam with Delta Skymiles, I input Delta Skymiles number for my reservation.
    Later I found out that the second lag of my flight (Incheon to Haneda) is not operated by Korean Airlines but instead it is operated by Japan Airline. Although Korean Air is SkyTeam member while Japan Airline is OneWorld member, both companies are partner airlines so they have code share flights between Japan and Korea.
    I also had OneWorld Sapphire status with Japan Airline but forgot to inform this to the staff during my check-in. (I barely made it to the airport so I was in a rush.)
    My flight ticket for second lag (operated by Japan Airline) says that it is sold as Korean Airlines and had my delta Skymiles number. Looking at the ticket, I regretted not telling I have OneWorld Sapphire since it looked like that I would be getting less Skymiles compared to what I would have gotten for Japan Airline miles.
    However, I did not know that I would be getting any mile.
    Later, I checked Delta Skymiles and found out that my second lag has not been recorded at all. I tried adding miles by inputting the ticket number but it did not work.
    I also tried to redeem Japan Airline miles, but it also did not work.

I’m guessing that Delta would not add SkyMile for flight that was operated by OneWorld airline (Japan Airline) and Japan Airline would not add any Japan Airline mile for tickets sold as Korean Airlines…

Although the mileages I would have received are not too significant as the flight time between Seoul and Tokyo is only two hours, it was full fare economy (Y) so I’m guessing I lost about 1000 miles.
    Does anyone have any idea if there’s any way I can redeem the mile from either of these two companies?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls