Lost Luggage Claim – What are my Rights?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

wishbone
    Participant

I am a frequent flyer and for this reason never fly budget airlines as things do go wrong and when they do I expect to be looked after.

So, with this in mind. I have always looked at ‘One World’,’Star Alliance’ etc. branded airlines as airlines who will ensure I am looked after when things go wrong.
    So far all Airlines (BA, Air New Zealand, JAL etc.) have always done this reimbursing me when luggage is delayed and I need to purchase replacements etc.

This brings me to my point. In May I booked an Air Berlin flight (Milan to Vienna), as they are in the One World group. the flight was operated by Air Nikki (also a One World Airline).
    My luggage did not arrive and I went to the baggage claim desk where I was given a claim number and told I could try asking at the airport the next day for my flight home, if my case had arrived.
    I therefore purchased some basic item (around 40 Euro’s) to see me thorugh the next day. I sent a claim the Air Berlin and received an auto reply the next day.
    For the last three months I have heard nothing of my claim, even after numerous atempts to contact them.
    I have finally lost patience and want to know what (if any) obligation an airline has to reimberse such items in cases like this.
    If anyone has any advise I would appreciate it.

Thanks

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Here’s some info posted on the CAA’s website with general advice for lost and/or delayed luggage.

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=2211&pageid=12711

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls