Lost Luggage Aegean Airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Andrew
    Participant

Traveled from Syd to Athens recently and used SQ/Aegean as part of the Star Alliance slying SYD/SIN/FCO/ATH Have never lost my luggage before in my last 20 years travelling (lucky???) and while I checked at FCO to make sure my luggage was on board, was told emphatically it was on board from FCO/ATH. Of course it did not turn up at Athens. I accepted the fact that luggage do go missing at times, but it was the response I got from their baggage handler that just got me upset!! There were many people who also lost luggage and I was told rather casually, FCO is renown for this!! Wonder if other people have this experience.

Turning back to SQ for assistance, they located my luggage which was put aside in FCO airport with the tags all correctly printed. Is this something to do with Aegean or Rome Airport? Can someone tell me what goes on?? In this day and age, with sophisticated luggage identification and handling – surely, lost luggage is a thing of the past?? Particularly with security etc??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls