Lost & Delayed luggage

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Dmitryvulkan
    Participant

I wanted to seek an advice on what you are supposed to do when your luggage is delayed and then lost. I am dealing with this situation now with Airfrance and want to make sure I know all my rights and all responsibilities of the airline. Thanks much in advance!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Pray!!! Good luck and I hope it was insured!

CMoir12
    Participant

If you are insured then don’t bother wasting your time with Air France. Any compensation received from Air France will be deducted from your insurance claim.

I learned the lesson with complaining at the airport (and getting compensation) only to get the amount deducted from my claim.

In future I will just get the letter I need and claim on my travel insurance. It will save me getting annoyed!

spidergirl
    Participant

Our luggages are always delay or broken returning to HK from Italy, so I have claimed many times – from airline and travel insurance, if my luggage is broken and could not be fixed, they will give us a brand new luggage. We have luggages delayed for 1-4 days span (everyday returning 1 to us) and eventually all arrived. Don’t worry, I am sure your luggage is somewhere, you just have to keep calling them. My husband’s luggage from HK-Rome-Torino was lost for 3 days and ended up at Bologne which so happens he was having his meeting, it was a miracle this happens. As long as your luggage tag is not lost, you might still have a chance. Good luck!

tarisingh
    Participant

24hrs to get from LHR to Berlin and my bags didn’t make it with me.
    Suppose they are adding to the mountain in T5!
    Has anyone had experience with BA about this problem – any suggestions on how to deal with it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls