Long Stopovers in HKG

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

JordanD
    Participant

Despite many an hour now spent searching on the web, definitive answers are hard to come by, so a request for help: does anyone know if there are any organised ‘tours’ of Hong Kong which individuals can pay to join if they have long stopovers?

I’m travelling from LHR to AKL later this year, and have a long break in HKG, and am not adverse to a trip into Hong Kong. Currently, I have 8 hours between flights.

HBHLondon
    Participant

I have searched the web but have not seen any. I assume it is because it is very easy to do it oneself. Just hop on the train into HK and go to the places you want to see by yourself. HK is very organised and efficient and you can get to most places by metro. And it is worth taking the sightseeing bus. Alternatively, if you want to just stay at the airport and relax, it is worth booking a day bed at the Plaza Premium lounge near gates 60-61 inside HKIA, which comes with buffet breakfast and dinner. I have spent overnights in it and it was very comfortable.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hello JordanD,
    I would suggest the following. Go on to the airport website for Kai Tak and look for the airport hotel. you can then contact them directly to find out if they offer tours to Hong Kong. It may be that because they are the airport hotel that they can offer the type of long stopover tour that you are looking for. One thing to bare in mind, the city is a good 30 minutes by train and can be even longer by car depending on the traffic so you may onlt have about 4-5 hours to kill if you allow time to and from the city and to be at the gate in time for your flight.

A possible alternative would be to go to the information desk when you arrive and ask them if they can set you up with a private tour. It will probably be more expensive but may be doable.

Hope this helps and sory i cannot give you more specific or detailed information.

Safe travels,

Frequenttraveller09

Travellator
    Participant

Get train into central – then big bus tours – same as London.

http://www.bigbustours.com/eng/hongkong/default.aspx

You must do Star Ferry and/or Peak if time – take Taxi to Peak cos big queues up and tram down.

Loads of eating/shopping places.

Travellator
    Participant

Dont think you will find Kai Tak airport anymore !

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Thanks Travellator, you are right of course and apologies that I got it wrong. i am giving away my age with that mistake.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls