London weekend trip, advise anyone?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

RoadKing
    Participant

Hi,
    planning on an extended weekend in London (5 -8 Nov), anyone want to recommend a luxury (4 – 5 star) hotel in central London, most bang for the buck?

wishee71
    Participant

Hard to beat sites like laterooms.com or lastminute.com who have deals on some of the top hotels in London. Equally ring them up direct and ask for a special rate, works for me everytime I am in London and the last place I stayed was the Dorchester.

NTarrant
    Participant

Goodish hotels I have stayed at are Sofitel in Pall Mall or Novotel Waterloo Bridge or London Bridge. Holiday Inn Victoria is also good. Avoid the Hilton Euston, not worth the money and does not live up to the Hilton brand.

Choose your hotel carefully depending on what you are going to do and where you want to go.

RoadKing
    Participant

Good point NTarrant, what are we going to do. It has to be central. That is for sure. We will probably experience London, walk around, some shopping, some pub, some dining.
    Open for suggestions actually, but not London Eye 🙂

I have thought about lastminute and stuff, but I had in mind to secure rooms well in advance since it is a special trip. I usually do the bargain stuff when I go on my own, in that case it is not so important if I have to find something lesser and further away from the city.

But when I go for this trip, I’d like to have everything lined up. Still hoping for a bargain of course 🙂

Thanks all, for the advises.

Much appreciated.

NTarrant
    Participant

Out of the hotels I suggested I would say that the Sofitel is the better situated. A few minutes walk to Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus and around the corner from a few theatre’s.

Not sure if it has or will be open by the time of your trip but of course there is afternoon tea at the Savoy, within walking distance or short bus ride and of course the Ritz, which ever takes your fancy. You used to be able to book these on line in advance

Hope that gives you a couple of options

pyosbkk
    Participant

dear friends, if shopping is your passion and want to be centrally located, try thistle marble arch and you won’t be disappointed. book deluxe type, you will probably get junior suite, comes with lounge usage, breakfast and drinks. just take enough water and you make your money worth. regds.

pat_travels
    Participant

I highly recommend Crowne Plaza, Buckingham Gate.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls