London to Sydney Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Bruegel
    Participant

I have to go to Sydney next March/April to do some forward event planning. I wanted to know the best way to find a good deal on a business class flight. Happy to stop over almost anywhere. Happy to fly from another airport in Europe if it doesn’t cancel out savings. Flexible on dates. Would very much appreciate tips. Pieter

Cloud-9
    Participant

Wait for the Christmas/new year sales if you can. EY often has some excellent deals, with one of the best J cabins in the skies

esselle
    Participant

EY, QR, EK.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Air Vietnam is offering business for £1700 from London – but can mean a long layover.
    Otherwise £2,500 with Malaysian or Swiss or Korean depending on which alliance you credit to.
    It’s around £3,500 with the usual suspects (ME3, BA, CX etc).

Oslo used to be a good city to pick up cheaper Australia routes, but no longer. You may however get one of the £3,500 carriers down to £2,500 if you pick the right departure point.

Bruegel
    Participant

All help truly appreciated

Pieter

rferguson
    Participant

Buegel I recommend keeping an eye on the ‘premium fare deals’ thread on FlyerTalk which is where I usually find my bargains (I paid £1500 return from CPH to SYD on QR). Also some of the travel blog sites such as ‘headforpoints’ give a heads up on ex EU sales.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Both Lufthansa and Swiss often have good deals flying via Singapore and then onwards with another carrier. Maybe worth a look.

Bruegel
    Participant

Thanks to all. Busy registering with sites.

rferguson – have joined flyertalk but can’t find the thread you mention. Would you be kind enough to provide link. Thanks Pieter

rferguson
    Participant

Pieter –

—flyertalk.com
    —–‘forum’
    ——–‘miles and points’
    ————–‘Premium fare deals’

🙂

Bruegel
    Participant

Thank you

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

I have, in the past couple of years, found very good deals on CX via HKG but note, NOT from LHR. Either AMS or DUS appear to offer the best deals. Otherwise, QR from either OSL or CPH via DOH. The latter was for shy of £1500.

For various reason, LHR is now one of Europe’s most expensive O&D points which is why you will normally find better deals from elsewhere on the continent.

Headforpoints is excellent at flagging up sales and ensure that you are on the emailing lists for whichever carriers you are interested in. Beyond that, the Flyertalk premium fare deals as per RFerguson’s posting.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Etihad run A380’s through from London – AUH, and 1/2 on each day to Sydney with a 773 otherwise.
    the Business Suites are simply excellent, meals anytime you wish, bar, Chef and F & B Manager on board, and the suites private spacious, chauffeur car each end so 4 car trips (Not on Breaking deal fares Z class).
    You also have discounted stopovers for 2 nights more if you wish, and can also book the transfers provided by Etihad. They have a terrific Arrivals lounge, and freshening up facilities as the main departure lounges with spa, bar, restaurant business area.

First class can often be found for the cost of a Business, or you can bid for an upgrade also.

Flights ex LHR tend to be more expensive but you do have 3 A380’s per day.
    They currently have a global sale, with Sydney £2,750 return ex Edinburgh, easy to link up into London especially via LCY various Airlines.
    I have found fares ex CDG for £1,850 return 2 years ago, Amsterdam also, and Dublin is always at least £1,000 less than from LHR!

Book directly on their sites, and make sure you take the A380 option for the long 15 hr flight, that they also run to Melbourne now too. The 789 runs to Perth.

Highly recommend them, been using on ultra long haul routes to Australia for years, simply excellent fares and standards some of the best and now a 5 * Airline!
    Garuda some friends also took out with a stopover for fuel in Singapore, but then only 5 hrs from Bali or Jakarta with a nice stopover. Prices start from £1,950 return.

I took Vietnam’s 789 ex Asia to LHR via HCM, and it was Awful! Cramped, dirty, torn carpets, broken parts of most seats that were tatty grubby, the food and service was poor, and never again, even if it is half price! I hardly made my connection from KUL, being 3 hours late with no explanation.
    The worst Dreamliner i have ever had the displeasure and could not wait to get off. One seat even was covered over with yellow and Black tape, as on a Building site. Their timing is also very unreliable. They do not connect well, and a very complicated pre Visa needed to stopover, take paperwork and reconfirm and have issued as you arrive!

Sure go by the price, but check you have a Dreamliner or A380 for comfort, as many Airlines still run old Aircraft down to Sydney, including BA, SQ, TG and class that sector as medium haul, with only one meal for a 7 hr flight! (SQ). I would feel that Etihad or Qatar have the best services to Sydney ex The Middle East. Etihad are tops when it comes to perks and facilities on the ground and connecting, others simply would not have. Etihads package is worth £1,000 included for stopovers and cars to and from the airport, so 8 all together for a return, and top hotels you can choose.

Check on Analysis websites for all Airlines, but then go to the Airline itself and book with them direct, they have their own offers and better if anything goes wrong, upgrades etc.

Good luck.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls