London Lancaster Hotel – change of name competition

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

WilliamRead
    Participant

Did anyone else try to enter the London Lancaster Hotel’s change of name competition at 0909hrs BST on 9 September 2009 that was promoted on the Business Traveller website? Were you successful, or were you blocked from accessing the hotel’s booking website to even enter the competition. I do not think that the competition started until well after 0909hrs, but I would be interested to know the experience of others who tried their luck… perhaps more successfully then myself!

Baggageinhall
    Participant

I logged on from 9.05 and hit refresh every few minutes until the competition link appeared.

I managed to book a room straight away and even got back in to try and book another but the second one would not confirm and I assumed that all 9 promotional nights had gone.

I also entered the champagne bar competition and won that too.

WilliamRead
    Participant

Congratulations! At least we know that the competition was genuine, and I hope that you enjoy your stay in the Lancaster London. I will bide my time until 1010hrs on 10 October 2010 in case the hotel is renamed again or has another promotion…….

theavidtraveller
    Participant

Yes, thanks to Business Traveller (I wouldn’t have known about it otherwise), I was able to book a room and won one of the other prizes too.

The website worked fine with me which was surprised as I thought it would be like when Hoxton does their one pound nights and you just get a frozen website instead.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I won about three nights at the Hoxton using that £1 promo – very acceptable hotel, and a bargain even at regular rates.

http://www.hoxtonhotel.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls