London Gatwick North Terminal Monorail to Close from September 2009

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

• gatwick33
    Participant

I’m afraid I completely misunderstood the information on the website. I emailed NCP this morning regarding the closure and they replied saying –

“The north terminal mult-storey car park is closed for those driving high-sided vehicles (over 2 meters high).
    However ordinary cars can still park in the multi-storey car park at north terminal”

Thanks for all your help and sorry for the confusion. I just thought I should clear it up so you know that it is actually opened.

VintageKrug
    Participant

So according to my very first post on this, the first track was scheduled to be open for testing on April 28.

When I last checked, yesterday, the whole thing still looked very much like a building site.

NTarrant
    Participant

I would agree with that VK. The official opening is scheduled for August, but apparently there is a likelyhood of it opening in July. That was from a conversation between an “official” of the airport and a cabin crew member on the shuttle bus a few weeks ago.

VintageKrug
    Participant

July 1 seems to be the confirmed date for the first passenger operations….

A quick update to say the refurbished shuttle system was officially handed over to Gatwick airport by the constructors today, and passengers services will recommence tomorrow morning (July 1).

We’ll have some images from the event on our site later today.

NTarrant
    Participant

Travelled this afternoon on this, not a lot different to the old but the waiting areas are clean and much lighter. I do wonder if the North Terminal waiting area will be cold in the winter.

Nice flaked salmon and mozarella pasta salad this lunchtime!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls