London Gatwick August ‘22

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• AlanOrton1
    Participant

Arrived at LGW N at 09:30 for an 11:50 departure.

Valet parking driver waiting upon arrival.
    No queue at EZY bag drop.
    No queue at security / X-ray machines.
    Accessed No 1 lounge via Priority Pass without issue.
    Not overly busy inside N terminal.
    EZY flight showing a 14 minute delay.

Credit where it is due, one of the most seamless airport experiences I’ve had at LGW (thus far). No shortage of staff noticeable.

4 users thanked author for this post.

LaWhore
    Participant

Cool story bro.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Good to hear some positive news! We fly in to London from Accra on 2 Septemberon BA Club World. Hoping that will all be ok, except possiblly passport and baggage at T5. But then my wife flies to Slovenia with Easyjet from Gatwick on 4 September for 5 days. So hoping that will go as smoothly as your travel seems to have gone.

We also have a BA Club Europe return fliht to Toulouse in September as well, before heading back to Accra later in the month. So plenty of flights and plenty of chances for things to go right or wrong!

fatbear
    Participant

This morning at Gatwick Airport South Terminal it took around 10 minutes to get through Fast Track security, mainly due to the slowness of the scanning of the trays. No queues visible at the normal security lanes either.

BA lounge only has a handful of people in the section I am sat in.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it. I will arrive at 1000 for the Norse inaugural.

Last time I was there (in July) it was bedlam.

No lounge access unless pre-paid, Grain Store closed (think it still is?) because of Covid staff shortages, 20 minute queue for pret a manger, nowhere to sit in the airport and then our flight was cancelled.

Back again in a few weeks as well, so will report back from both trips.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

As an update, lounges are either closed or operating long digital wait lists (queues). Airport is very busy, though premium security was quick.

Grain Store is open, but big queue, most tables are blocked off because of lack of staff and shortened opening times

20220812_110638

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls