London City Airport – Aircraft Spotters Paradise?Create Topic

Home Forums Air Travel Airports London City Airport – Aircraft Spotters Paradise?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  LuganoPirate 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Bath_VIP
    Participant

I am sitting in the departures lounge at LCY at the moment awaiting a flight to Geneva. It’s been a while since I flew out of here and I am really enjoying the show sat up at the window looking out over apron. I think the reason why is that LCY is an Airbus/Boeing free zone which makes life much more interesting.

So far in the last hour I have seen:

Embraer 170/190s (Brazilian)
    BAe 146 (British)
    F27 (Dutch)
    Dornier 328 (German)
    Falcon 50 (French)
    ATR 42 (Franco-Italian)
    Dash 8 Q400 (Canada)
    Saab 2000 (Sweden)

OK BA do have A318s so it isn’t completely free of Boeing & Airbus but then A318 is a rare type.

Can forum readers think of any other decent sized airport that is Boeing/Airbus free?

Californian
    Participant

Toronto City Airport — although all you will see there are Q400s mostly flown by Porter.

Very tricky question Bath_VIP

Belfast City is Boeing free now that Ryanair and bmibaby have departed.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

For scheduled flights I would suggest Southampton. Similar length runway to LCY. There maybe some B737 flights from time to time but these are holiday charters.

SwissExPat
    Participant

How about the BA service to JFK? airbus 318?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Lugano Airport (LUG) def B and A free. Mind you, pretty much free of everything else as well!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.