London Airways

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

Binman62
    Participant

BA which masquerades as the national carrier of the UK is well known for giving more attention to it passengers from the EU and the USA whom it showers with Avios and other benefits for very little effort.

It is now running a competition in which it is giving away tickets every 15 minutes to the lucky winners……only problem is you have to be at Victoria station in central London to take part or have any chance of winning.

I think this is a marvellous promotion for their home market! Good luck.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

The runners up get two tickets 😉

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Binman what are you waiting for, pull a sicky jump on a train and WIN!! you never know with your luck you might just get lucky 🙂 x

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BB, perhaps Binman was posting from Victoria stn. 🙂

BeckyBoop
    Participant

lol.. I doubt it but stranger things have happened 🙂

ImissConcorde
    Participant

Ah! A little clarity! The competition is for tickets for flights ex Gatwick Oh! And the Gatwick Express operates from London Victoria station. I’d call this targeted advertising. According to Twitter it is a promotion by tourist boards. But hey why miss an opportunity to knock BA??

Irons80
    Participant

ImissConcorde – well said! Good thing he doesn’t work in advertising (I would assume) or else he’d have blown his client’s budgets by buying all the ad spaces during Corrie every night

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Does the prize include all taxes etc?

ImissConcorde
    Participant

More information on Flyertalk. The competition IS open to those who may not be able to get to Victoria.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1431407-ba-lgw-ticket-giveaway.html

Binman62
    Participant

I would urge everyone to read that thread which is not exactly fully supportive of BA or this promotion.

And before anyone thinks to head to Victoria it for economy class travel……not so much a promotion as and endurance test.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Binman62 – 28/01/2013 10:42 GMT

Other than that your BA shareholding has not delivered a fortune in dividends (in which case, why ever invest in airline shares?), how is your constant and increasingly chippy campaign of denigration against BA going to improve your returns? Frankly, it is starting to sound very much like a scratched record. Can’t you find something else to berate?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Anthony you need to accept there is just no pleasing some people…lol 😉

Binman consiering they are giving away free tickets from January 28, for seven days, a pair of tickets will be up for grabs every 15 minutes from 8am to 8pm, every 15 minutes with destinations including Barbados, Saint Kitts, Tobago, Sri Lanka, Marrakech, Saint Lucia and Orlando so its probably costing the BA enough as it is. To make it worse if they did make the prize premium tickets it will water down further your chances of redemption.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls