Lond Haul Economy meals on British Airways

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Article in The Sunday Times last week

BA elevates the dining experience

Conclusion
    “BA knows what needs to be done. It’s investing £4.5bn over the next five years, addressing all of the above. If it wants to keep its loyal customers, it needs to get a shift on, but the new food offering is an encouraging start.

For the first time in a while, a BA flight left a good taste in my mouth.”

Anyone else tried them yet?

PhilipHart
    Participant

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=848172]This from Head for Points – World in shock as BA’s improved economy food turn out to be quite good
    [/quote]

Thanks, Philip, the headline brightened my day!

I think the article is interesting too.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It is a good headline, although World Indifferent as BA’s improved economy food turns out to be quite good – would have been more like it.

Bad news sells.

capetonianm
    Participant

Everyone is applauding when an airline delivers what fare paying passengers expect.
    What next?
    “Passengers praise BA for providing seats and toilets on all flights.”

openfly
    Participant

I haven’t flown long haul economy on BA for years…thank goodness. But, two weeks ago I had no choice out of LGW. The biggest surprise was the standard of catering…excellent! In fact, the whole experience on a long flight was very good. The Gatwick crew was professional, friendly and seemingly competent…how different to the Heathrow crews. So good…I would do it again!!

PhilipHart
    Participant

[quote quote=848287]So good…I would do it again!![/quote]

Steady on, old chap.

stevescoots
    Participant

[quote quote=848195]Everyone is applauding when an airline delivers what fare paying passengers expect. What next? “Passengers praise BA for providing seats and toilets on all flights.”
    [/quote]

Thats more fitting to Ryanair

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=848319]

Everyone is applauding when an airline delivers what fare paying passengers expect. What next? “Passengers praise BA for providing seats and toilets on all flights.”

Thats more fitting to Ryanair
    [/quote]

I’m not so sure that’s true anymore, Steve – compare BA/FR/U2/DY etc and there isn’t much clear blue water (on short haul).

canucklad
    Participant

This whole article reminds me of a film quote, ( can’t remember the film) where the movie heroine compliments her male suitor with the following line……

“What I love about you……….is that you’re JUST so INCREDIBLY average”

nevereconomy
    Participant

Plus ca change ……

MarkivJ
    Participant

I fly BA economy from Seattle to bengaluru. The Seattle – LHR leg food is bad but for airline standards, their Indian (“Asian veg”) food is far better than the corresponding meals of the MEB3 and LH.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls