Loganair being sold

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

I read this morning that the UKs largest regional airline is up for sale as the its owners, the Bond brothers, now in their seventies want to retire.
    I haven’t had need to fly them for many years but it seems that the business in good shape with its best ever results forecast in the next few weeks. The fleet also looks to be newish and the business well managed.

I am wondering who the interested buyers may be ?

1 user thanked author for this post.

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

Watching this development closely as ABZ is my home airport and it is a major hub for them. They have announced increased rotations and capacity on a number of routes in the past few days for next year.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello.

We posted a piece last Sunday which is when the news broke/

A link is provided to a previous magazine article which explains why UK domestic aviation is a “challenge” and this especially applies to regional routes.

Loganair up for sale

1 user thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

To my understanding, some LoganAir routes are subsidised as considered as critical, notably in Scotland. I was wondering whether this was positive or negative (provided the airline has to serve these routes) for the company valorisation?

(attached, an interesting landing – look at the angle – in the Orkney Islands)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls