Lloyds Bank Credit Cards no longer giving Companion or Upgrade Vouchers

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• handbag
    Participant

Now that the points show on BA and not Avios, I have just contacted Lloyds to find out how I can see Vouchers for both Upgrades and Companion Vouchers. I have been informed that Customers will no longer be getting either, as they could not get an agreement with BA.

I asked if they had ever written to anyone to let them know, as I had not received any communication. This was a strong reason for having the card. He didn’t think the they had.

Will have to have a good look at my cards and now decide to see if I will change.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

There seems to be a recent disconnect between Credit Cards and Airlines…. not that obvious (yet) in the USA but pretty dramatic in the UK (MBNS, Lloyds etc) and in Australia. Looks like the honeymoon is over unless you need expensive (unnecessary) private medical insurance in UK or Aussi….best deal in the UK at the present for me is Tesco transfers to Avios… What do others think ?

handbag
    Participant

Must admit, in the New Year I am going to have a very good look at points for cards, as without the vouchers they have certainly devalued quite a lot. The really annoying part, is not telling anyone.

first_class_please
    Participant

Read the below article, you should of received a voucher:-

Has a 2nd Lloyds Avios Rewards upgrade voucher appeared in your account?

1 user thanked author for this post.

MS
    Participant

I called up about that too but was told I still qualify because they haven’t given me notice of change yet.

handbag
    Participant

first-class-please
    I have read though the link and it is a bit hit and miss. Some have received the voucher and some haven’t.

I signed in on my Avios Account. It said.
    Your log in to the UK Avios Travel Rewards Programme has failed – your account may now be closed.
    The same for my partner.

I read on the link that some are saying that the card that I pay , so that I have no overseas transactions fees, is no going to be charging. the 2 reasons I have that one, is to use abroad and to get an upgrade voucher. If I don’t then there is no point in having. Looks like another call to Lloyds.

handbag
    Participant

Just had a long chat and got the latest on Lloyds Avios Cards.

We have 2
    1.Duo Avios Rewards – Upgrade Voucher – use free overseas – £24 fee.
    2. Premier Duo Avios -Companion Voucher £no fee

Any additional Vouchers that were sent were an error.

Both sets are cards are being cancelled in phases. Up until this date, if you have a card with free overseas transactions you can still get them for free up until new card received.

When the new cards are received:

Only a Mastercard will be sent.
    Fees will no longer be payable. A pro rata refund will be given when new cards arrive.
    No Vouchers will be awarded.
    Overseas transactions will be charged.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls