Little Fokkers

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

At AMS earlier in the week, I noticed quite a few Fokker 70 aircraft under the klm Cityflyer brand.

Are these aircraft loved or hated by business travellers?

They look quite old, but maybe that’s deceptive.

I’ll be flying a little more often on klm so am interested to know whether I should opt for the cityflyer service vs. mainline klm on routes where the carrier offers both products.

RichHI1
    Participant

Fomker safety record has had some issues hiatorically. They are a tad cramped inside and the turboprops are noisy. I prefer embraer, crj and avro/hs146 derivatives.0

LuganoPirate
    Participant

The Fokker 70 is a smaller version of the 100. It’s not a turboprop but a rear engined Rolls Royce powered twin jet. I’ve travelled in them many times and they’re a very quiet and comfortable aircraft.

There is of course a bit less room than the 737/318 etc but for short hops it’s absolutely fine.

I love the aircraft and would recommend it any time.

RichHI1
    Participant

The F50 is the turbo prop and i would avoid that as I avoid a lot of props like ATR’s. As LP says 70 and 100 are jets.
    They folded in 1996, not sure who makes their designs or spares now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls