LHR – ZUR – BKK, Swiss Business Class Review

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• norbert2008
    Participant

Booked one of the best priced Biz class to BKK in late June (booked May). Not with Swiss direct via Skyscanner. £1,780.00. Two days before my flight direct with Swiss £1,300 but only on for an hour!

The first leg is not ideal but I suppose Swiss were trying to fill the 13.45 flight from LHR rather than offer 12.00pm one. I did turn up in the hope of changing but big NO, fair enough. Made use of HON circle lounge T2 (nice touch from LH staff) then as I had 3-hour wait trip to B terminal for United’s wonderful bar, crowed and seemed like this where the real drinkers go! (Can anyone tell me about the big works outside the window?). The on to Singapore’s somewhat small lounge. Odd that BAA only put moving walkway one way to B? Why? Walked off lovely selection of sandwiches now on offer in each lounge. Back to HON circle before swift and near boarding of flight to Zurich. 1A no one expect 1F in row but 12 in Biz. Pre-departure water handed out with towelet. Not sure when European pre champers went but I am sure it all has.

Nice personal welcome i.e from cabin front by Captain, nice touch. Push back on time (THEN) sadly endless 50 mins to take off my transit time cut to 1 hour or less. No worries I was told easy transfer from A to E terminals. ‘We are flying quick today I was told’ wonder what that is? Nice light lunch served cold cured meats salad, cheese and warm rolls and very nice pudding. Swiss white wine from full-sized bottles, I noticed the service was so quick compared with BA all done in 25 mins have seen it take ages to get to row 5! Two cabin crew. The flight took just over an hour and we landed and on gate only 30 mins late. Quick transit to E terminal and upstairs to Business class lounge, nice outside terrace, very hot. Nice lounge food ok (more cheese).

Quick to departing gate and onboard via First and business class line into the middle of the business cabin (I had pre-booked a throne seat, £170). 7A. Lovely welcome by two of the male crew then purser and welcome champers and hot towel, menus, very small amenities kit handed out but oddly found tin Victorinox one in some compartment. The seat is great for single travellers but a high price to pay? The flight was full in First and Business and mostly in economy.

Take off quick, then followed a slowish service, of drinks, nuts, orders being taken for both dinner and breakfast (But it was only 6 pm on a night flight) so can understand there was no rush, tray with the starter (perfect salmon tartar with goat cheese and beetroot) salad, cheese. Then another perfectly cooked piece of beef, a good choice, Pikeperch or Indian noodles. Same crew team, two guys one from Portugal one from Brazil, they were attentive, funny and really professional, sharing some of there lives without intruding. Pudding served off a trolley I passed but settled for a port. IFE was good, nice touch an LGBT collection of films for LGBT month and some recent films not all that recent but I only wanted to see two. I had a full 7 hours sleep with no interruptions of noise until breakfast was served one and a half hours out of BKK. The crew remembered my Mimosa (I was on hols). Fresh breakfast, more cheese and ham but nice. Then nice Swiss choc from purser with a thank you. Very handy gate in the middle of BKK airport, not sure if First got off first as same door situation and I seemed to be out before anyone. A memorable flight I usually fly EVA, Ok throne seat is perfect and bigger than EVA so will see what it is like on my return in 12a on my day flight with a little trip to LHR landing late. Very good pricing from Swiss, it is off season and not direct but a top class airline/airport in Zurich.

6 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

How things have changed since the days of Swissair.

IATA is based in Geneva and, in the days of restrictive costly fares, Swissair had to set an xample and be ‘clean.’

With business class fares of £1,300 / £1,780 Swiss is outdoing the Gulfies.

norbert2008
    Participant

I forgot to say the new 777, had a very stylish Swiss feel about them, similar to the lounge, the use of wood and alpine mural decoration, fabric, etc, had less of an aircraft feel. Oh and LHR – Zur sector was a salmon salad, then cheese and pud.

w8ster
    Participant

Good to know!

anyone knows what aircraft they use for flight between ZUR – DXB?

norbert2008
    Participant

A330 to DXB but check if they have been retrofitted, they do have first class too?

1 user thanked author for this post.

SenatorGold
    Participant

I flew Swiss to DXB last Saturday on the A330-300 in business. There is a First cabin. I believe all Swiss A330s have First. However, the business class has not been retrofitted. Business is still a reasonably good product (especially seat 4A, one of the “throne” seats, in the first row of the smaller forward business class cabin), but it could do with a refresh.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls