LHR transfer question

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

Can anyone help – looking at itinerary (in October) with 2 hours 20 minutes to transfer T5 to T3. Has anyone done it recently and is this comfortable if the incoming were say 30 minutes late ? Not sure if buses running normal schedule currently.

Thanks !

nevereconomy
    Participant

Sorry did not clarify – this is domestic to international, so no immigrationtime needed.

NorskSaint
    Participant

I haven’t transferred in covid times but used to transfer from MIA (T3) to OSL (T5) and vv. 2:20 is do-able, and I have landed with a lot shorter time and made it. The largest issue is normally the transfer busses, in the mornings you tend to have lots of Americans moving from European flights to T3 for the US flights. if you’re short on time, just make sure someone is aware and they can put you at the front of the queue – I’ve even had my own bus to get me across when needed.

Good luck.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Is this a split ticket or on a through ticket. That is the 1st thing I’d ask as through ticket in theory should be fine. Split ticket and clearing security could just add that extra hassle if any delays and make it overly tight.

nevereconomy
    Participant

Thank you for the input. I haven’t done this since the old T4 to T1 bus days and I do remember how awful that was, so thought I would check. Maybe I will just stick with BA all the way and avoid that particular issue! No sense making life any harder right now..

1 user thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=1112741]

This is clearly the way to go, especially during these special times…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls