LHR to Central London private transfer

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Swissdiver, that’s very useful especially for my upcoming trip.

transtraxman
    Participant

If Green Tomatoes announces its arrival by saying, “You’re Chariot has arrived”, then its credibility should drop though the floor. This is because it should say “Your chariot has arrived”.

SenatorGold
    Participant

@Swissdiver

It’s certainly good to know about the Star Alliance Gold upgrade on the Heathrow Express. However, I can’t find any reference to it on the Heathrow Express website. It is a time limited promotion? Is there anything I can refer staff to in case they are unaware of it? Thanks for the good tip.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

SenatorGold – see this link:

http://heathrowt2.staralliance.com/offers

I note you will require a full-fare standard class ticket to qualify for the upgrade (GBP21.50 one-way).

Edited to add: I have also just noticed that this offer may have come to an end as of 31MAY15……

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well, it was accepted today… So either it was extended or Heathrow Express staff wasn’t properly informed… That said, trying is worth it since the worse scenario is to have to pay GBP 9 upgrade fee…

Flightlevel
    Participant

Its not private transfer and being a Londoner don’t understand why you don’t use the tube. Do you have a lot of luggage?
    Much cheaper and convenient and walking distance to anywhere unless very much luggage.
    Seen the UK’s most experienced travel writer and his family return from LHR there too!

penultimate
    Participant

I use an app called Kabbee. You can book online or by app on Android or apple phones. You can pay by cash or credit card. They are a mini cab aggregator. They give you ten or more companies to choose from ranked by price or user ratings. Prices are excellent.
    You book in advance and provide time, date, place flying from and airline flight number. Drivers meet you in the arrivals hall.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Oh, a necropost…

Over the last 3-4 years, my automatism evolved…

– Mayfair & Marylebone -> Heathrow Express
    – St James and South Bank -> Uber X or Exec (the later being about GBP 20 more expensive, i.e. GBP 65) depending on the mood
    – City and East London: I use LCY as much as possible

Of course all this will be outdates when the Elisabeth Line will be fully operational.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I am currently booking a LGW – LHR transfer. Have anyone heard from http://www.blackberrycars.com? They price competitively (GBP 55) and are licensed by TfL.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Hi SD, I use https://www.batransfer.com/. They are not especially smart, but I just want a simple transfer. They have always been ready and waiting. Price is similar.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

No Londoner would use other than either the tube or (depending on destination) GS*A the Express & taxi….both much cheaper and more efficient than LHR Taxi or Uber…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

its a pity there isn’t a secure part of the Forum where posters can detail recommendations for various service providers in major cities for us all to share and benefit.

Over the years, I guess most of us have collated our favoured use of service providers in regular cities we visit. Personally, I generally base this on the person I deal with, rather than the firm I deal with. In London, I have Bruce, not a suit a tie kind of guy, but darn good and very reliable. I would have no hesitation in sharing Bruce with regular posters, as other regular posters will no doubt share there star service providers… Its not always a case of price. In fact when i met Bruce, i felt he was undercharging and happily agreed a price that would make sure he looked after me…

Tom/BT – over to you 🙂 – you did ask for ideas….

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

This thread is acting a little like this if only because i have to delete 4 out of every 5 suggestions since they are advertising or spam !

But I will think of a way of having a recommendation thread in a secure area…

Jeanette
    Participant

Here’s another option just in case someone needs it. I was recommended http://www.twelvetransfers.co.uk
    Haven’t used them before though.

capetonianm
    Participant

I have been using a company called Swan Cars in Walton on Thames for a long time. Reliable, they have decent cars and pleasant drivers, not smart or flashy, and they charge about £25 from Heathrow to Weybridge. I don’t know what they charge to Central London as I haven’t used them for there.
    01932 230830.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls