LHR to Central London private transfer

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

The idea never occurred to me before. Boarding the Heathrow Express was an automatism. But to go to County Hall, the idea is questionable, time-wise (train + taxi take a long time). Any good company offering private transfers to recommend?
    Thanks

canucklad
    Participant

I have an account with Green Tomatoes. They’re quite good.

A word of warning though…. If you’re worried about your Street Cred, you might need to consider the fact that you’ll arrive at County Hall in a Silver Prius with 2 big Green Tomatoes on the door.

On the positive side, your “Eco” credentials will sky rocket !!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

How are they pricewise Canucklad? I couldn’t get any idea from their website. I’d be happy to use them on my next trip to London and especially like the “green tomatoes”.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

If you are going to County Hall, an alternative option is to take the bus from Heathrow to Feltham station where there are plenty of trains to Waterloo next door to County Hall. This is a lot cheaper as well.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi LP,
    Sorry can’t help, firstly I’ve not got a recent invoice that breaks down price by journey (Brentford-LHR) and secondly, even if I did my company has negotiated very hard and secured very competitive rates. So the price I quoted would be much lower than one off fares.

I honestly preferred the previous company called Flywheel’s. However they were dumped because they wouldn’t comply with our Green demands.

Saying that, green Tomatoes are friendly, reliable and it always makes me laugh when I see the text proclaiming “You’re Chariot has arrived”

cityprofessional
    Participant

Shoot me down if you like, but I am now a total convert to Uber. Never a problem getting a car. Polite drivers, eager to please. No need to book. Flat rate of £37 to town…

Swissdiver
    Participant

I love Green Tomatoes concept although it is annoying to to be able to have a quick quote.
    Uber: Flat rate?

cityprofessional
    Participant

Yup. Flat rate: LHR to/from Central London. Scroll down
    https://www.uber.com/cities/london

I live in N1, which is hardly central London, but £37 for door-to-door service is a steal

Swissdiver
    Participant

So, last Sunday, I decided to take the time at Heathrow… Bottom line:

– Black cabs: About GBP 80

– Green Tomatoes (that let people believe they have a desk at T5 while they don’t): GBP 60, 25 minutes waiting time.

– Uber: long waiting time as well. Rate seems to be GBP 37

– Hotel was sending a car for GBP 75 (had to be of course booked in advance)

– Ended up in the Heathrow Express (GBP 21 plus GBP 20 of taxi). But I always enjoy the way down from Paddington to County Hall…

openfly
    Participant

An excellent private transfer company is Factotum. Quality cars and polite English drivers. Find them on Google.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

We use http://www.airportexecutive.com – reasonable and reliable

Charles-P
    Participant

I use ‘SO Executive’ based in Ascot, they cover all the London airports. Nice E Class Mercedes fleet, family business and reliable. Heathrow to Reading Berkshire is GBP75.00

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Some months ago when I needed to transfer from LHR to LCY, Papillion53 recommended to me http://www.londonheathrowcars.com. They were excellent ,even though our bags took over an hour to come out at T1, we were delivered in good time. The car was a Mercedes and the driver very professional. Cost I think was £65 ?

Swissdiver
    Participant

If you are to ride any time soon the Heathrow Express and you are a Gold Star Alliance member, no need to purchase a 1st class ticket. Buying a second class one and presenting your gold card will give you access to first class…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls