LHR T5 – Galleries North or South?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Str8Talking
    Participant

Speedbird_ABZ – if runway views are high up on your list, then the lounge at T5B fails on that score! At best you will get to see the taxiways between B and C as the lounge is mostly facing East.

I like both the North and South Lounges but it all depends on the crowd at the time. The North lounge is more light and airy, while the South less so but feels a lot more cosey. Both offer fantastic runway views but to get the most out of it, you will want to check which runway is used for take off or landing at the time. I do like the action from planes landing on 09L (northern runway) from the North Lounge.

TominScotland
    Participant

Ian is right about T5C. Worth remembering that your £15 can include one non-food item – they have a good range of Starbucks mugs, for example.

AspirationalFlyer
    Participant

I also prefer the South Lounge, albeit the area that overlooks the runway is typically the busiest area of the lounge and it can be difficult to find two or more seats in my experience.

If you are intending to use the Elemis Spa, I would head straight to the South Lounge complex and ask for an appointment before entering the lounge as you will typically need to wait at least an hour before anything is available, sometimes even to just use a massage chair for 15 minutes. After making your appointment you can head to the T5A South lounge for a glass or two (!) of champagne. The T5A spa is also able to book appointments at the spa in the T5B lounge complex.

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

Thanks Str8Talking. Not top of my list when choosing a lounge, but I have 3 hours next week and after I’ve had my fill of gin and nibbles I do like to relax watching the planes. I wanted to try the B lounge, so maybe I’ll use South first and move to B when I get bored.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls