LHR T5 Aspire Lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Hermes1964
    Participant

Still a month off Lounge entry level with BA, though to be honest not trying too hard (!), and with enough time to make a visit worth while I headed for the T5 Aspire lounge.

If my bearings are correct its tucked under the Concorde Room at the south end of the Terminal. There was a friendly greeting at the door and I was given a wifi code. The Lounge is effectively arranged in a (narrow) in places L shape. It’s open to the elements of T5 on one side so feels airy and not boxed in which is welcome. It also offers good views across the apron, which for someone who still likes to see planes at an airport as opposed to shops, is a bonus.

There appears to be more upright seating than anything really comfortable to sink into, though at 7.00am in the morning that’s probably no bad thing. There is a very good breakfast selection including: bacon; sausage, scrambled egg, rolls, pastries, yoghurt, granola, fruit, mini salmon and cream cheese bagels, cookies muffins, nuts and biscuits. There is a bar, which is set up to be tended rather than self service, a machine for coffee and a good selection of teas.

I sat at a table close to the buffet, and was struck by the number of people like me who couldn’t see the napkins because they were black – it was actually quite funny – they seem to become invisible. Also there were no knives as they “were having a problem with them” – I guess too sharp.

The staff were very friendly and plates were cleared quickly, an advantage of being relatively small.

After a leisurely breakfast I went for an explore. At the far end there are a set of “rest pods” – curtained cubicles with a reclining chair, which could be useful if you had a longer stay or wanted to change. There is a room for treatments/ manicures with massage chairs next to the entrance.

Unlike the BA lounges there are no restrooms. However, as the public ones are invariably cleaner and more fragrant than their Galleries counterparts that’s probably a good thing. However, if you don’t want to leave your luggage, or have to haul it in and out with you, you may prefer to “make yourself comfortable” before you arrive.

All in all, it’s preferable to the Galleries for sure. It’s a great addition for Non-status travel/travellers, and available through Priority Pass.

crookieLondon
    Participant

Hermes1964 – having used this lounge twice this year when taking lunchtime BA flights to Split and Palma I can only agree with everything you say. So good that there is an alternative to the BA lounge at T5 at last, and what an alternative it is too. Like you I prefer to see planes rather than shops and got some great shots of a number of A380s getting on their way. I was seriously impressed with the rest pods and the food offering was very impressive. I reluctantly talked myself into trying what looked like rather dry scrambled eggs which turned out to be delicious. Thank goodness for Priority Pass and well done Aspire. An excellent addition to T5.

lesmclaren
    Participant

Great to hear that there is an alternative to the BA lounges at long last at T5 and the impressive reviews. Regarding the comment about the Loos – as there have never been enough in the Galleries First lounge anyway and no nearby alternatives I don’t see this as being much of an issue!
    I just hope that with so many people loosing their status with BA that this alternative will not become overcrowded – but then I guess a lot of the people who used to be loyal to BA have walked to other airlines [and terminals] anyway!
    Have to say I flew with SAS recently from the new T2 and was very impressed with the Star Alliance / Priority Pass lounge in that terminal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls