LHR storage

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

Is there anywhere in T5 that you can store luggage? I know some airports like HKG used to have this.

I am completing an ex EU trip so going HKG-LHR-AMS-LHR. i dont really want to have my bag on the LHR-AMS as the turnaround in AMS is a little tight.

stevescoots
    Participant

Thanks, thats exactly what I need

batterytraveller
    Participant

The Cathay arrivals lounge in Hong Kong will let premium passengers store luggage for free, I’ve used it a couple of times in the last couple of months. The BA arrivals lounge may offer a similar service.

afrance
    Participant

Are you referring to checked baggage? Persuading checkin at HKG to only check it to LHR might be a challenge.

I did (once on an ex EU trip) manage to arrive at AMS while my baggage was in LHR – but that was down to a baggage handling failure – the bag was checked through but didn’t make it…

stevescoots
    Participant

I have had no problem, have done it several times at HKG, at PEK this week they actually advised I only check to LHR as due to snow I might miss my AMS connection

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls