LHR or LCY from Central London?

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

robsmith100
    Participant

I need some help, later this month I need to fly out to EDI. However my departure point will be from Central London (Convent Garden) at around 17:00 mid-week to either LHR or LCY for an evening flight.

There are a series of options available to me on this day of getting to either airport, however I am finding difficult to decide on the quickest and most convenient way to reach an airport.

The whole trip is being funded by my client so I don’t want to take liberties. I will be travelling very light as I will be only be going for one night.

Or would it be more convenient to get an over night sleeper train?

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Rob..

RogerVictor
    Participant

LCY every time – you won’t actually save a huge amount of time in journey, if you use public transport, but the airport is a little gem. If the weather is good the departure is also pretty spectacular.

Heathrow wins only if you have the time and ability to use the lounge

RogerVictor
    Participant

PS flights from city, during the day, tend to be a bit cheaper than Heathrow too

robsmith100
    Participant

Thanks RogerVictor, LYC it is.

Deleted User
    Participant

I am trying to fly from London City to New York then on to West Coast and back. I cant seem to add any additional sectors after the City to JFK. Is it possible to create a multiple sector journey using this ticket or do additional sectors have to be booked seperately?

VintageKrug
    Participant

It is possible to book additional sectors using the “Book Multi-City” option:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/fx/public/en_gb?eId=111024

However, personally I would book a multi-sector fare on the phone, as sometimes the multi-city fares can be unnecessarily scary.

NTarrant
    Participant

Rob – From Covent Garden you can go direct to LHR on the Piccadilly , where as LCY will be at least two changes from Covent Garden unless you go by Taxi at extra cost.

Overnight sleeper is good, but if you are a light sleeper it may not be for you, particularly when they uncouple the Glasgow section at Mothwell it is a bit jerky and noisey. Only travel first class so you get a cabin to yourself. The breakfast is good and the wash bag puts most airlines to shame.

robsmith100
    Participant

Nigel – I opted for LCY in the end, because I didn’t want all the palaver with LHR. I was lucky, that night was not particularly busy either.

The train was not an option as it was almost three times more expensive than flying.

Look forward to meeting up with you on Tuesday.

HonestCrew
    Participant

Keep in mind the smaller jets from LCY often have smaller overhead luggage bins, so if your are taking a wheelie bag it may have to be slimmer than normal.

rferguson
    Participant

Just a quick questions as I have never been to LCY….does is have a lounge for Club passengers on european flights?

travelworld
    Participant

No, it doesn’t. They’ve recently extended the public lounge area so there is more space but food/drinks are very expensive. Still far and away the best London airport, however.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Rob made this journey 10 months ago. Been bought back into focus by the creator of bitter.

Hopefully BT will sort this one out……

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls