LHR car rental

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

onajetplane
    Participant

I am relatively new to the car rental game, having rarely needed to rent cars until recently. Three weeks in a row at heathrow:
    1st rental: Enterprise – Arrived quite late at night off a long flight and wasn’t really paying too much attention until I walked into the Enterprise office… slightly taken aback as it was akin to checking in at a luxury hotel with personalised service. Fast, efficient and very courteous service. Both on receiving the car, and also on the return.
    2nd rental: Europcar – It was cheaper than Enterprise – and being relatively new to this whole car rental thing, I figured it must all be similar standards. Could not have been more wrong. Ticketing system to wait to be served. No air conditioning in the waiting room. Literally stood and watched 2 colleagues stand around gossiping while the line continued to get longer. 20 minutes later was served. Told to pick my own car? (Scam to avoid you having a human with you when you expect)? – Same on the return… told we will just invoice you the receipt and you can get on the bus. Never again.
    -Rental no3: Paid slightly more and back to Enterprise. Exceptional, friendly and fast service. It is literally akin to being greeted in a nice hotel. They are running a very efficient ship at LHR. Will definitely return.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Car rental is complex as you will read in this recent Forum thread.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Car-hire-company-shenanigans….-Avis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls