LHR-BCN in Club Europe

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• BPP
    Participant

A Few weeks ago I asked for reports on using LHR T5. This short trip was completed yesterday so I thought a brief trip report would be in order.

Stayed the previous night (Saturday) at the Sofitel. No real issues, club lounge was quiet – adequate snacks and drinks – very helpful staff. Quiet room.

0715. Walked through to T5 armed with passport, boarding card and vaccination certificate. As it turns out 3 hours before boarding was far too early. Travelling with cabin baggage only so straight to Fast Track – the whole proceedure 10 mins max.

Eventually found the Lounge I wanted (local to the ‘A’gates). The sign posting is terrible. Very busy – not a memorable experience.

Boarding for BA 474 was on time and straightforward via a prioroty lane although it still amazes me what some folks try to carry on. Given a cheap paper face mask ‘as the Spanish required it’.

Take off on time, snack cold lunch with a glass of whatever. Centre seat kept free but no increase in seat pitch.Again no real issues – OK for a 2 hour seat.

Landed 10 mins early, disembarked first suitably masked to hear the PA saying masks were no longer required. E-Gates working then an additional quick face-to face with an immigration official to get Passport stamped with purpose of visit. On the way out the stream was devided into Vaccinated/Unvaccinated with a very cursory glance at the NHS logo, no attempt to verify the information. Loads of staff every where. Again max 10mins to Taxi.

Return journey on Thursday very similar. No issues or queues anywhere. The Jan Miro lounge was streets ahead of T5 with loads of room and hot food.

Return BA475. Priority boarging and on time. Simple cold snack. Arrived T5 on time through the E-gates and out. Quick and simple.

Hearing the tales of woe fron Heathrow I was very aprehensive about this trip but it really was very straightforwrd.

I also got to see La Sagrada 25 years on from my first visit – amazing!

BPP

9 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls