LH underhand tactics….

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

According to the blurb on the Eurowings site, it says that Smart fare passengers gain lounge access at “selected airports” provided they hold the relevant FFP status.

https://www.eurowings.com/en/information/fares/smart.html

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=761924]According to the blurb on the Eurowings site, it says that Smart fare passengers gain lounge access at “selected airports” provided they hold the relevant FFP status.

https://www.eurowings.com/en/information/fares/smart.html

[/quote]

I was told by the lounge reception that Star Alliance Gold is not accepted with Eurowings tickets (in my case SAS).

Looking below would suggest that only LH/Swiss/Austrian & EW FFP are welcomed.

It’s not the end of the world of course but it was frustrating at the time.

Our Lufthansa status members receive numerous benefits. For example, HON Circle members and Senators in all fares1 and Frequent Travellers in the SMART fare are entitled to lounge access.2
    1 Including Lufthansa Lounges in Germany and Europe, partner lounges (Austrian Airlines, SWISS and Brussels Airlines lounges) and the lounges at our BEST departure points.
    2 Austrian Airlines, SWISS and Brussels Airlines lounges.

Graydon31
    Participant

Yes I’ve got LH FTL status (though what a slog it is to get that!)

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=761853]If you travel on Vueling on a BA codeshare, and there is a BA lounge at the airport/terminal of departure, you may use the BA lounge if you have the appropriate status.

[/quote]

Really?

From ba.com
    “Lounge access is available to:

Silver and Gold Executive Club Members on a flight operated by British Airways or one of our oneworld partners

Emerald and Sapphire level Members of any oneworld airline frequent flyer programme on a flight operated by British Airways or one of our oneworld partners”

Vueling is not a oneworld member.

You might get into some lounges, due to local provisions, but it is not an entitlement.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’d imagine you need the LH M&M status card to get in, not another *A carrier’s card. Does seem wrong to me though.

Same thing happened to me Tuesday. I’d arrived in JNB with Swiss and was booked, via the SAA website JNB- George on an SAA ticket with an SAA flight number. I was refused entry as the flight was operated by SA Express who are fully owned by SAA but are not part of *A. Luckily I could user the Investec lounge opposite.

More galling is they are twice as much as Kulula but I booked for lounge use and the fact I had 3 bags of 28kgs each which were through checked and were accepted. Next time I’ll use Kulula and even paying the extra it will still work out cheaper.

The icing on the cake was it was not even an SA Express plane but one from Maluti Sky who I’d never heard of before. The plane was spotless and in much better condition than the usual SA Express ones though.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

I think most of the *A carriers have some sort of subsiduary that is not part of *A – Silk Air, ANA Express, Thai Smile, Germanwings/Eurowings all aimed at limiting the benefits given to status card holders. OW play the same game with Vueling and the like then there’s HOP from Air France and so it goes on.

You just have to choose very carefully when you book.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=761651]SDT….Hmm…Star Gold since 1990…how did you manage that…Star Gold has only been available since 1997/98….along with your HH Diamond Status before it’s existence..you must have exclusive access to some amazing benefits..what’s your secret apart from being a seasoned traveller for 30 years (I believe roughly one of your quotes)…

Using Hhonors Diamond Force Award Stays

[/quote]

So I’ve corrected the date from 1990 to 1999 at the request of the OP.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls