LH Senator earning miles on Egypt Air

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Muntaser
    Participant

I am currently booked to fly from Kuwait to London (Heathrow) on Egypt Air via Cairo in Business Class. MS 615 connecting to MS 777 and on the return MS 778 connecting to MS 614. I am a Miles and More Senator and as I understand it I will not earn any status miles on the Cairo London sector while flying Egypt Air.

Can anyone confirm that this is fact? Also if I change my booking to fly on MS 9230 from Cairo to London which is a BMI operated flight, with an Egypt Air code share flight number, will I earn status miles? Feed back on BMI service for this sector will also be welcomed……..

Senator
    Participant

Dear Muntaser,

Not sure where you picked up that information.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online/portal/mam/se/earn/flight/offer?nodeid=2508583&l=en&cid=1000354

From what I can see, no restictions on this.

Muntaser
    Participant

Dear Senator;
    I got the information from the link you posted above. Under summary of miles earned it states “Flight from / to / between non-Eur. destinations”. As I understand this, I will not earn status miles for the Cairo – London – Cairo sector. If I am misunderstanding this can you please clarify. Many thanks……

Swissdiver
    Participant

You might know by now if your journey took place…

On the link provided the sentence read “Flights from / to / between
    non-Eur. destinations”. CAI is non European so there should be no problem.

I regularly fly the GVA-CAI route and always got my status miles (business class ticket). But it does not count in the “number of status relevant flights”. Strange, I know. Well, M&M cannot disappoint me anyway (as I have 0 expectation with them)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls