Lufthansa P class ticket is a mileage joke

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• rrakpo
    Participant

I have been flying a lot with LH in the 18 months, ICN-FRA-ABZ and back again every 21 days, So when booking the ticket I choose P class with can be a semi-flex business class ticket, which is always around $1000 to $1500 cheaper than the fully flex ticket (D class).

My issue is with the mileage, you only receive 1 for 1 on miles which for my flight is around 5900 miles, and to get senator gold you need 100,000 miles.

Every other airlines I have flown you get as a minimum 1.5X can easily get a gold card, also I am a gold card with turkish a SA member, but you can’t claim the millage with them on a LH P class ticket.

So why are LH so tight with their status/ mileage for business class passengers??

For info, I have to stick to LH due to the route and timings etc….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

P is a discounted fare bucket and that is the reason LH are stingy with miles.

Your best option is to fly with other airlines or (as you cannot), choose the fare that suits you best (D, if you want to credit Miles n Smiles).

rrakpo
    Participant

I understand that the P class is suppose to be a discounted fare, but when you price it with other airlines it is not cheap, especially when you only have the choice of 3 fares, 2 P class and 1 D class tickets, the semi-flex is not cheap, so 3 fare prices and only 2 class of tickets.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=803883]I understand that the P class is suppose to be a discounted fare, but when you price it with other airlines it is not cheap, especially when you only have the choice of 3 fares, 2 P class and 1 D class tickets, the semi-flex is not cheap, so 3 fare prices and only 2 class of tickets.

[/quote]

But didn’t you say you cannot fly with other airlines, due to your schedule needs?

In which case, you cannot compare it to other airfares, as they are not available at your required times.

I could get really good value, if I booked during sale periods, but I have to book my travel closer to the date, so I can’t.

If it bother you so much, why don’t you look at re-arranging your schedules and see if there is a way to take advantage of the better deals?

rrakpo
    Participant

FDOS, I agree what you are saying, and I wish I could change my schedule but I can’t, plus I could check other airlines, but LH offer the best timings for myself, and they do provide a good service compared to other airline, I am just having a good old rant about it, as it does seem they don’t really care about if you a regular flyer, and how much you still spend in a year and how difficult it is to get to gold with them!!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

You spend a lot of money with the airline, but to them it is barely noticeable, thus the mismatch of expectations.

The golden days of mass air travel (if they ever existed) are long gone and pretty much the only way to get real recognition (in terms of good service), these days, is to fly private jet.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Rrakpo, I’m Senator with Swiss/Lufthansa and while I agree the miles on the cheaper fares are 1/1 if you need to fly LH then the fare offers a good saving.

A few tips. Check the fare on Swiss.com, sometimes it’s cheaper even on the LH flights. Also look out for special F fares which can sometimes be cheaper than business or maybe a few hundred pounds more. Then you’ll get 3/1.

However, looking at the mileage chart for a return Business in P, you should be getting 12,126 miles return, or, and I assume you’re now at least Silver, then 15,158 miles. You’d need just 6.5 trips to get to Senator and from what you say you’re doing more than that. Maybe you’ve not been getting the right mileage credit?

I don’t know who pays your fare, but sign up also for Lufthansa Partner Plus. You’ll get points for your spend as well as the miles and this can be a valuable bonus.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls