LH from HKG to FRA

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• KSHaggag
    Participant

I personally have not yet flown the LH A380 in Business Class ,however it seems and I have read that most most carriers operating the A380 have squeezed in so many seats in the business cabin ,thereby reducing the most valuable asset a business class has which is the seat pitch ,that it feels more spacious to fly the traditional 744 s …………have tried only the AF A380 business class seat from JFK to CDG to discover that you even feel squeezed when you unfold your table to have your meal ……….have had a looooooooooong chat with the purser about this ..it is unfortunately a fact of life …….!!!…it is here to stay !!……….all business travellers have long had GREAT GREAT expectations about the new business class cabins on board the A380 s ….we were expecting this aircraft to brin g along space and revolutionary experiences …..however they have not !….it seems it is only Qantas which has installed real spacious seats on their A380s….have not tried it ,though….On the other hand ,it seems the LH A380 First Class is a treat …..wish to try it soon …

BluePacific
    Participant

For the past 25 years I have been flying between LAX, SFO and other US airports to various European cities on a dozen+ carriers in all three classes on about 150 round-trips. Now more mature, mostly C class and occasionally F. Over the course of the time, LH and SR/LX per my taste have delivered the best product. A year ago I flew in UA’s new C class (the one featuring reverse seating) IAD-FCO. The seat itself is o.k. though the allies are so narrow that the attendants cant push the cart back/forth without bumping into the seats, mildly coursing. More than two waiting for the toilet means they line up next to the seats. Asking what wines they’ve got, flight attendant says “white or red”. Entertainment on the meager side, like watching local TV. A few months ago I flew UA SFOFRA in F; seat is very fine, service and ingredients not so FC, such as frozen beer, champagne and the wine later on in plastic cups.
    LX I flew in C last time in June 07 when there still were the old seats; food and service very good, entertainment and seats not (then).
    For me, LH in C has been very good since they got their new C seats in 06. I believe it took LH like three years to implement; at that time everyone wanted to fly the aircrafts with the new seats (reservation people did not want to tell you).
    At time of implementation, the LH C features seats second to none. Of course, after four years, there are others again that may be better. The only thing I am not so fond of is though “flat bed” there is the angle. One can out pillow or cover under the feet; though this tends to slide off. It is important to have legs “up”, we know, when snoozing without movement on one of those longer flights.
    The food ingredients and wine selection on LH in C are superior over most competitors, and so is presentation and the service in general. Though not all crews are the same, the service has been efficient, with touch of elegance but no false smiles. The entertainment program, being bi-lingual E-D, is among the best I have experienced in C. However I am not into computer games etc. Also I like the relaxation channel and the back massage feature.
    A year ago I was last time on LH in F; really excellent, and you can keep the Van Laak jammies.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BluePacific – you make interesting observations. Most of my longhaul is at night time so for me, the priority is usually a sleep. WIth the business class product generally increasing in standard across the airlines I tend to fly business over first, esepcially where BACW (upstairs) is concerned. What interests me are the airlines with the truly flat beds in business and not angled. As I always say, if you are asleep, does it matter whether you are in First or Business.

At the moment, it seems that there are only 3 flat bed offerings on the majors.

**BA

**Finnair (and its very clear on the web site which aircraft have been fitted, i.e. all A330’s)

**Swiss (claimed to be all A330-300’s and some of the other fleet

(**Lufthansa – claim to be coming on line soon with a flat bed offering)

I agree that Virgin and Air Zew Zealand have flat bed offering but they are the flip over type, which means that they can not be adjusted as easily and for me not as user friendly.

If I am wrong or anyone can add to the flat bed offering – please do. I am looking forward to the new LH seats once they are out and we know the timings of instal.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hello MartynSinclair !

Thanks a million for your nice elaboration …..!

May I add that you ought to try Qatar Airways horizontal ,lie flat beds on the B777-300ER and B777-200LR deployed on JFK,IAD,IAH,BKK,SIN,MNL,PVG,BJS,MEL,etc,,plus recently on one of the LHR rotations ,notably the one leaving LHR at 14.15 pm …superb comfort ,excellent service and immaculately groomed attendants ….a treat !….add to this the PREMIUM terminal in Doha …a cut above !

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls