LH buys BMI remainder..to sell it off.

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

Lufthansa, the German airline, yesterday agreed to buy the remaining 20 per cent of bmi that it did not already own, fuelling speculation that it may be seeking to offload the loss-making British carrier…

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/transport/article6857548.ece

The Times 2/10/09

Hess963
    Participant

HI again everyone !!

Different parts of BMI will be sold–I think you don’t need to be an insider to know that—the matter is which crucial parts go to whom ?? BA is eyeing the LHR slots–but could be a problem with the pending EU Antitrust investigation imposed earlier or not ??. VS ?? I haven’t heard a thing lately–Branson might be planning another RTW adventure and is eager to invest there than paying LH off–whatever !!
    And the third party from the Middle East–well very good hiding indeed !! Let’s wait how long it can stand behind all these European issues at the moment.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone!!

So O’ Leary of Ryanair is still thinking to get Air Lingus. And using Air Lingus to get BMI–well exactly the LHR slots.

Is it me or does it seems to much “if..” in here…..
    ” if O’Leary gets Air Lingus—-and if O’Leary has Air Lingus it would aim BMI and get more LHR slots….”

Well–it seems to me delusion and deragement is pretty mix up here–
    isn’t it Mr. O’Leary ??

See article from NewYorkTimes:
    http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2009/10/11/business/business-uk-ryanair-bmi.html?_r=1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls