LH A380 seating layout in C and F

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

Senator
    Participant

Dear all,
    I have simulated a business and first class booking on the FRA-NRT on the A380. The seating in First Class is two rows with a total of eight seats (as compared to 16 on the B747-400).
    In business, there are six seats across in pairs of twos..

FIRST CLASS
    Row 1 -2

1 x 2 x 1 seating arrangement

BUSINESS CLASS
    Row 10 – 28 (no 13 and 21 + 28 looked blocked out)

2 x 2 x 2 (AC – DG – HK)

It looks promising as using the current C-class seat would allow for a 2 x 3 x 2 seating like AF decided to do for the A380 using its lie-flat seat. Hope this means LH is going full flat-bed,

ClaudeAF
    Participant

Sorry ,, but you’re wrong,,
    AF uses 2 x 2 x 2 in Business A380, located upper deck,

Senator
    Participant

ClaudeAF,

I stand corrected… However, I wish AF would have updated the C and F when they launched the A380..

PaulJennings
    Participant

The 2-2-2 business class seating is comparable with that on LH’s other Airbus, the reference point is still Singapore Airlines with 1-2-1 in business on the top deck of the A380

CrazyCanuck
    Participant

The 2-2-2 is used by EK on their upper deck A380’s. While the service can be patchy, the seats are good and are flat bed, with a cotton underlay to make the seat more comfortable. However, it has to be said that it does make the cabin look small and tight. However, money most prevail over comfort (perceived or imagined).

Senator
    Participant

Dear all,

LH has posted a seat map for the A380 on their web site. In combination with a post from another contributor, I am nervous we will be stuck with the lie-flat C-class seats. First is being re-vamped for sure.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Lufthansaa-s-First-Class-Makeover-Aims-to-Out-Ritz-BA

http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/pdf/69/media_820269.pdf?

Senator
    Participant

Hi,

So it is confirmed. No new business seat on the A380. Big disappointment and left with the “slide down version”. Also, 90+ seats does not feel very exclusive in business.

The First products looks like a mix of the TG product on A340-600 and the new LX product on the A330-300. I have been on both and they are excellent. I am not left however, with a “wow” feeling from what LH is offering… I feel like LH is a “follower” and not a leader in this case… “Much ‘ado about not’in”

flyingformiles
    Participant

Given the competition they would have been best taking away a row or two and having full flat beds in business. 90+ seats seems excessive and I don’t know how they will fill them… particularly when you could get a flat bed on the majority of their competitors.

VintageKrug
    Participant

First looks fab, business looks drab.

Wedgie seats are not the way to go, and I thought Star Alliance carriers had begun to understand this.

ScottWilson
    Participant

LH is the first airline to go for sloping C class seats on the A380 (I am sure not the last). Is it that LH is waiting for the 747-8 to make the obvious step to reduce the rows and go fully flat?

Or is it simply that LH knows it has the German based corporate premium market pretty much to itself, so really doesn’t have to bother? In First the difference with the competition on hard product had become stark, but in Business German based corporate travellers are not exposed to too many fully flat seats in C class (SQ, UA on 767s, CX, EY, QR, EK and AC (some aircraft)), and most wont transit LHR to go on BA/VS.

I am disappointed, I was hoping to use LH to fly C to Beijing later this year on the A380, i may as well fly OS which has seats that are no better but at least the catering is superb.

PsyDtoBe
    Participant

hmm.. disappointing… i would expect something more from Lufthansa. Since their service is not so good. I personally prefer BA over other big western European carriers (AF-KLM, LH).

Well, next European airlines to receive A380 will be BA in 2013. I hope they will not let us down.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls